Looking for Minnesota / Western Wisconsin Climbers

• murph
  • murph's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 4 months ago #134276 by murph
Hello all.

Being new to climbing, I'm trying to find fellow tree climbers in the area (Twin Cites). I know that there are a few people out there, but perhaps not many. (I did once notice a TCI bumber sticker on a pickup truck outside an REI in the Twin Cities)

I enjoy camping, distance running, motorcycling, and wish to add climbing to the list (I'm currently a novice indoor climber). I've just recently picked-up some used cross-country skis, and am learning that too.

Please feel free to contact me, as I am hoping to find new friends in the area. It would be great to be able to learn with local people in the area.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #134280 by rlew
Hi Murph

It seems your in luck! Sounds like your in the neighborhood.

I'm Russ Lewis. I'm the local Sherrill rep and live in Brooklyn Center and work in Burnsville. I'd be glad to hook up. I do alot of climbing on my own, and I know a few arborist who rec climb on the weekends and a few guys that are just starting out. As a matter of fact at our last training session we had 45 climbers and 17 of them were beginners.

If you would like, come on down to the store sometime. I've got a store full of equipment B), two ropes to hang on and some good trees out back. If anything we can b.s and maybe we could even plan an event (THIS SPRING!!)

I'll be in Boston from the 23rd of Dec till Jan 3rd, then at the convention center for the Minnesota Green Show Jan 6th -the 8th. In fact it would be great if you could make that show. So anytime after Jan 4th get in touch..please.

Here's my stuff: Vermeer Sales & service, 1675 126th Street West, Burnsville, Mn 55337. ph: 952-292-1681
I work Monday-Friday 7.00am to 3.30pm

Set a line, getup n go

Nice to meet you

• murph
  • murph's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 4 months ago #134281 by murph
It's good to meet you, Russ.

By the way, after seeing your picture, I'd first like to make sure that you have put your axe away for a while :woohoo: :lol: .

Thanks for your response, and I hope to be calling you sometime before your trip to Boston. If I don't get-through, then I'll try later.

A little about myself: I live in North St. Paul (not to far from BC). My interest in climbing mostly stems from an interst in tree climbing. I know that there is a lot of area interest in rock and ice climbing, but I want to start-out in the trees (currently just climbing in the gym). I do a lot of camping and motorcycling, and wish to find some climbing partners for next year. I also like to distance run. Anything that merges all of the above activities is what I'm trying do, since I don't have a lot of quality time to spend in the field. I'm married with 2 teenage daughters and work in health care (wife disabled and daughters are not the outdoor type, so I've been camping solo mostly).

Like you, I have a green attitude towards climbing, and am not interested in spiking any trees, unless human life or limb depends upon it ;) .

Everything sounds good, and I look forward to connecting sometime soon.

Sincerely,

Murph
North St. Paul, MN

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds