Hawaii climbers

• joshuatree
  • joshuatree's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 7 months ago #134088 by joshuatree
Hawaii climbers was created by joshuatree
if anyone ever comes to maui or interested in climbing in hawaii we have lots of forest here and quite a few amazing redwoods. if you would like to see the link to the national park with these trees in maui let me know so i can post the link.

if anyone is interested in climbing on a vacation here in hawaii, let me know if you wanna meet up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #134092 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:Hawaii climbers
joshuatree wrote:

if anyone ever comes to maui or interested in climbing in hawaii we have lots of forest here and quite a few amazing redwoods. if you would like to see the link to the national park with these trees in maui let me know so i can post the link.

if anyone is interested in climbing on a vacation here in hawaii, let me know if you wanna meet up.

A very generous offer, thanks for posting it!
-moss

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #134132 by Hauula
Replied by Hauula on topic Re:Hawaii climbers
Joshuatree,

My wife and I are in the TCI Facilitator's internship. We live on Oahu and would love to climb with you sometime...when we make it over to Maui B) . If you ever make it over to Oahu, please let us know we have a few nice climbs we do regularly.

We are just getting our act together to Facilitate...wish us luck!

Please post the link for the Maui redwoods. I would LOVE to see it.

Aloha,
Hauula
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Hauula.

More
14 years 6 months ago #134139 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Re:Hawaii climbers
You must check out the Japanese cedar stand on one of the islands. It was planted over a 100 years ago and was intended for logging until they found a much cheaper source in the States and Canada. I found a 100 footer I walked up without gear- a ladder walk with a view. Awesome!- made me think of my childhood climbing days before ropes and saddles.

You two must hook up. Use the Climber Finder feature to find more climbers in your area. You might even think of banding together for your own area climbing tribe.

Let us know what you put together.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
14 years 6 months ago #134143 by Hauula
Peter,
First let me say thank you for sharing this sport! If it were not for you, my wife and I would not have had the chance to learn this wonderful experience from Tim Kovar and we would not be in a position to share this experience.

I did some research and I think the grove you are talking about is on Maui...not sure, but I will continue to look.

I am always looking for someone to climb with! And, like you said, we might even get a tribe going... B)

With much Aloha,
John

More
14 years 5 months ago #134161 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Re:Hawaii climbers
John,
I am so glad you enjoy the trees and climbing. It really does warm my soul to see others experience trees from a personal viewpoint while aloft.

I got very lucky a long time ago when I met Tim at the dojo (martial arts learning place). You don't get any better than Tim for learning tree climbing. His soul is very big, and he takes tree climbing into much deeper realms than meets the casual eye. Ask him about Tree-Time if he hasn't already told you about it. It is a mystical journey few get to experience in the trees.

I think Maui is where the stand of cedars are. It's a big track of woods. Maybe you'll find my tree. It's located near a curve in the road. It might even stop you and call for you as it did me. It overlooks a valley and hugs its companion trees.

Don't forget to tell us about your climbing tribe. You have the know how to start it at will. The tribe will be yours to keep for life too, even if they move away. It's the nature of tree climbing partners.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
14 years 5 months ago #134166 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:Hawaii climbers
Well, now we have an excuse to organize a trek to Hawaii. Nice to have someone there to guide us on our tour! :laugh:

• joshuatree
  • joshuatree's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 5 months ago #134167 by joshuatree
Replied by joshuatree on topic Re:Hawaii climbers
sorry about not being on for awhile. i have been busy with work.

for sure i would love to climb with any of you. there are 2 parks that i know of that are completely forested in with lots of tal redwoods or pines. my email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you wanna get in contact with me here. i would love to meet a group of new people who love tree climbing too. im kinda a noob since i have only been climbing for a year but i love every little bit of it and wouldent trade it for the world.

More
14 years 5 months ago #134191 by Hauula
Hi All,
It has been a while, but that is what work does to you...

Joshua,
My wife and I will have to take you up on the climbing offer sometime when we get to Maui--the offer still stands to climb with us when you get over to Oahu.

Oldtimer,
No excuse needed! Come on over and bring a bunch of friends (seriously)--It is always fun climbing with folks and new people always bring a new perspective and a new way of viewing the experience. Let the world tree climbing tour begin...

Peter,
I have had the extremely lucky experience of being taught about tree-time from Tim! It is amazing (and for me kinda soulful)--a slight shift in perception, relaxation, and boom you are now in the other world--tree-time! I also feel that I have been very lucky to have met Tim. He truly is one-of-a-kind and world-class. We will have to get together and form our tribe as best we can--I feel that we have actually joined YOUR tribe--we will have success if we make our mini tribe a reflection of what we have been taught by you and Tim. I know there are others out there teaching, and I do not mean to detract or take anything from them. It is just that I know that how I have been taught works for me on multiple levels and I appreciate the ability to share in this experience.

You are all invited to contact my wife and I if you ever get out to Oahu--we will show you the real hawaii from a perspective that many people never get to see (I am envious of joshuatree for the redwoods though). Our email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Just send a note if you want to contact us.

John
John

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds