Date Palm Tree Climbing

• ecorides
  • ecorides's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 9 months ago #133934 by ecorides
Date Palm Tree Climbing was created by ecorides
I have a palm tree in my backyard a date palm tree, I would like to know if there is any special technique, using the regular tree climbing gear. They showed me a technique used by some local landscapers, but for me is a little too risky and painful, using only two rope loops, one for your foot and the other in your thigh.

Thanks

Sergio Quiroz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #133945 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re: Date Palm Tree Climbing
Hello Sergio
Why do you want to climb the palm tree?
Are you doing it for fun or to do some clean up work?
Are you a tree Climber and have appropriate safety gear or are you just trying to DIY something that may be a little bit risky?
I will post a link to a site where you can learn a lot of info on WORKING with palm trees so you get a better idea. You can post questions there and the members will be willing to share some ideas but they will also point out potential dangers and possibly point you towards hiring a Professional Arborist instead of DIY.
A short video to show the problem of working with palm trees
http://www.treeworld.info/f7/trapped-palm-skirt-failure-palm-rescue-1953.html#post66811

• ecorides
  • ecorides's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 8 months ago #133947 by ecorides
Replied by ecorides on topic Re: Date Palm Tree Climbing
Well, I want to climbi it because it's full with delicious dates and they are falling off and the birds are eating them and that bothers me...I want to eat them...lol.
Well I'm a rock climber and recently due to some questions a friend of mine (he is a landscaper and tree worker)asked me, Im digging into tree climbing techniques, it's amazing how technical it is!!

I do have the absolut idea about safety measures and I can figure out some ways to do it with my regular rock climbing gear, but I thought "Maybe there is a special technic for that already"

I will review the video, thanx.

What it means DIY?

Sergio

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds