Hi I'm Dean

• Dean
  • Dean's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
15 years 6 months ago #132367 by Dean
Hi I'm Dean was created by Dean
Hello, I haven't been here in years, haven't climbed in over 10 years and I want to get back into it. I figured I'd come back here to properly get started relearning everything. Hopefully I wont let the rat race keep me from getting back into tree climbing. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #132368 by Baker
Replied by Baker on topic Re:Hi I'm Dean
Hi Dean,

If you're looking to (re)learn, this is a great place. There are so many very experienced climbers on here, that any questions you have should be answered almost immediately! I've learned a lot here.

Do yourself a favor and order Peter Jenkins' Tree Climbing Basics video and Jeff Jepson's book, The Tree Climber's Companion - both available from TCI. Tons of info between the two.

Have fun, be safe!

More
15 years 6 months ago #132369 by Davej
Replied by Davej on topic Re:Hi I'm Dean
Dean wrote:

Hello, I haven't been here in years, haven't climbed in over 10 years and I want to get back into it. I figured I'd come back here to properly get started relearning everything.

Hi Dean, welcome. So do you have a pile of ten year old gear?

• Dean
  • Dean's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
15 years 6 months ago #132370 by Dean
Replied by Dean on topic Re:Hi I'm Dean
Davej wrote:

Hi Dean, welcome. So do you have a pile of ten year old gear?

Yes I do. But I gave away my saddle to an arborist (Peter may know him - Michelle's Tree Service iirc) who cut down a half way fallen white oak out of my yard (for $800, which was a STEAL for me. And at the time I didn't think I was ever going to use the saddle again so I gave it to him as a tip). My rope has long been retired to the back of my pickup truck. I've got a ton of carabeeners, a micro pully, some accenders, throw ball is lost, two steal core lanyards, a tree boat and a rope bag. It's all been sitting in my basement collecting dust. I'm not sure if the carabeeners are any good anymore (does that stuff \"go bad\"?). So at the very least I will need a new rope, saddle and throw ball. :)

More
15 years 6 months ago #132375 by Davej
Replied by Davej on topic Re:Hi I'm Dean
I can't imagine how a carabiner would go bad if it passes a careful visual inspection. The New Tribe saddles are what people here will recommend.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds