greetings to you all

• dogwood
  • dogwood's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
18 years 1 month ago - 18 years 1 month ago #127358 by dogwood
greetings to you all was created by dogwood
Hi Everyone. I want to say hello to all of of you and introduce myself for the first time. I'll be joining you as Dogwood. My son James and I are fairly new climbers, and we now welcome a new being into this world. James and Shana gave birth to Seamus Pierce Haulenbeek on April 4th. He weighed in at 10 lbs 10 oz and he lives on 1010 Road. Happy climbing Seamus!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago - 18 years 1 month ago #127359 by moss
Replied by moss on topic greetings to you all
Nice introduction! Congratulations on your new grandson.

Looking forward to hearing about your climbing experiences.
-moss

More
18 years 1 month ago - 18 years 1 month ago #127362 by icabod
Replied by icabod on topic Good to have you!
Welcome!

Hope to climb with you soon...I'll bring ropes next time I'm up to Raleigh!

Climb Safe!
Icabod

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

More
18 years 1 month ago - 18 years 1 month ago #127363 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic I think I know you.
Dogwood was one of my recent students. He and his grown up son learned together at the TCI school. I hope he will not be too shy to show you all some of the splendid trees he is climbing.

Welcome Dogwood!

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
18 years 3 weeks ago - 18 years 3 weeks ago #127416 by climbingjohn
Replied by climbingjohn on topic Another new member!
First off, congradulations Dogwood! The world always needs another climber with a supportive family! :)

I thought I'd introduce myself on this thread, keeping in spirit with the topic. I've only been climbing about 3 months. Been reading this board and one other for this entire time, and finally plucked up the time to register! I have too many questions for more experienced tree climbers to remain silent.

You see, I'm self taught - well, not quite. Dick Flowers' book, and a few others, got me started on the road towards secure climbing. Excellent guides for new climbers, and as I have yet to meet another climber in my immediate area, they are the only source of climbing 'wisdom'.

Actually, my first attempt at tree climbing (with a rope) was about 3 years ago, after I'd ran across the prusik knot in a book. I am very glad I never 'got off the ground', so to speak! My idea of rope was nylon 3 braid, and I'd never thought of a helmet. "Harness? What's that?" Luckily I was foiled by the difficulty of tying a prusik with such lousy rope (all of the same diameter as well!) It could have ended up terribly....

Since ordering my rope, helmet, harness, and other gear from NewTribe, I'm pleased to say I've had no serious problems or accidents so far!

Climbing John

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds