• The REAL Freeclimber
  • The REAL Freeclimber's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago - 18 years 3 months ago #126885 by The REAL Freeclimber
ROPES? was created by The REAL Freeclimber
Real tree climbing is done WITHOUT ropes or any other crap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago - 18 years 3 months ago #126888 by leon123
Replied by leon123 on topic
Well, jeez man. That kind of limits the trees you can climb doesn't it?

More
18 years 3 months ago - 18 years 3 months ago #126889 by climber020
Replied by climber020 on topic
Oh jeez your gonna make it really far in a tree with the first limb at 80'. The only trees you are able to climb in this manner would be the same kind I did when I was 8 years old. So go round up the school yards and go climb a tree.

Also I would love to see you prune a tree. How ever would you move throughout the tree with a chainsaw in one hand and a handsaw in the other. It cannot be done smart *ss. Please think things out before you go mouthing off.

See you at the top.

• wildbill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago - 18 years 3 months ago #126890 by wildbill
Replied by wildbill on topic
I do a lot of rescue training and have come up with dozens of ways to get stuck or injured climbers out of trees. Be sure to post your location everytime you climb a tree so I can get there quickly. Oh, by the way, be sure to have a lot of cash ready for the rescue services because most of us rope climbers don't take credit cards...!

More
18 years 3 months ago - 18 years 3 months ago #126891 by moss
Replied by moss on topic
The original post is a classic troll. And I can't resist responding:)

Caution: drinking and posting to message boards is potentially hazardous, you may not respect yourself in the morning. Happy climbing!
-moss

• slingshot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago - 18 years 3 months ago #126854 by slingshot
Replied by slingshot on topic Well...
I must admit that I at some points during my visits to the board I've felt the way mr. freeclimber does (but just not as stupid about explaining it). Climbing CAN BE just as simple as jumping into the nearest tree no matter how tall or grand and just sitting and enjoying the view and eMotion. But I also see the great potential of getting higher, safer, and being able to do and see and experience more....

enjoying a cold adult beverage warm inside,

slinsghot

More
18 years 3 months ago - 18 years 3 months ago #126847 by moss
Replied by moss on topic
I love free climbing but 99% of the trees I climb can't be done without rope.

It makes me think of Patrick Dimmer and others who are bringing disabled children into trees, it couldn't be done without rope technique.
-moss

• slingshot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago - 18 years 3 months ago #126848 by slingshot
Replied by slingshot on topic
I understand all that, and that's kinda my point... I think it is awesome what is happening with the disabled experiencing the canopy that they would otherwise never touch or experience, I also have lots of tree's I'm lookin at that I will need roped tech. just to get up there and get in to experience the canopy at a different level. I'm not involved because of the gear and gagets, I don't lust over the equipt. (yet maybe I will someday) I just don't want to let one persons stupid comments detract from the essence of the sport.. the experience of the canopy and love of tree's and however they can get there, and however high off the floor it is experience it and grow from there. The rest is preference...

slingshot

More
18 years 3 months ago - 18 years 3 months ago #126893 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic

Originally posted by slingshot
I just don't want to let one persons stupid comments detract from the essence of the sport.

Stupid comments and posts better left ignored. . .
One thing I have not been able to grasp is why certain threads here attract many posts and others get ignored. When I saw the top post of this thread I figured it was probably a member posting incognito just to stir things up. The last thing I expected was a chain of replies.

Heck, I sure called that one wrong! Even Wild Bill took a shot at it.
Intriguing, if not down-right impressive!

So. . .
It would seem to me that the “icing on the cake” for this thread would be if. . .
The REAL Freeclimber would post a follow-up.
[align=center]Not likely, eh?[/align]

More
18 years 2 months ago - 18 years 2 months ago #127070 by rboreal
Replied by rboreal on topic Hey there Wild Bill (and others)
Speaking of Rescue - I am interested to know one or two mainstay rescue techniques. Eventually I will be hosting my own climbing for fitness operation. And although I don't forsee allowing any of my "students" to do anything even close to what you would call risky, I can see the possibility of an advanced student a year or so down the road getting into trouble.

So I figure, I'll learn CPR, keep the climbs low and repetitious for the first year or so, and practice the shit out of rescue techniques in hopes that the inevitable will never inevit.

But I'll have experience if I need it. Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is a long line that allows me to safely lower the individual, rather than going up to get him or her.

The other is, of couse, line for line pairing so that I can go wherever trouble is brewing.

Get hitched!

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds