Sherrill's "Ascend" Catalog

• knothead
  • knothead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #126033 by knothead
Anybody else receive the new "Ascend" recreational catalog from Sherrill? What do you think? It looks lke a must-have reference to me. Thanks, Tobe.

Regards All,
-Knothead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #126035 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic Sherrill's "Ascend" Catalog
A nice, informative, colorful way to show non-climbers that recreational tree climbing does indeed exist.

The photos of kids having fun are a nice touch too.

A great addition to the previous catalogs from Sherrill.
:)

• harrywbarnhurst
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #126047 by harrywbarnhurst
Replied by harrywbarnhurst on topic Ascend Catalog
I had just heard about the catalog and about ordering one from Sherrill's website. Well that's exactly what I did just yesterday. I also downloaded an ecopy from the site and I got myself psyched taking a brief look around the catalog. I can see that I will be carrying it around for quite a while.

Well I just get home from work and am walking past the Kitchen table, glancing down I see this beautiful picture and think to myself, I have seen that picture before, hmmmmm. That is when I read the title and realize this is the catalog that I had ordered earlier in the day. Wow, who said the US Post Office was slow (kidding). Well, this was a really nice surprise as is browsing through the book. Besides the wonderful gadgets in the catalog, and like Sherrill's commercial catalog, it is also filled with informative drawing's and explanations of techniques that we use in RTC.

Right now you are probably wondering why you even brought it up and how can I possibly be writing so much about something so little. Well I am a morning person and it is still only 0830 or maybe it is that I had an extra cup of coffee this morning.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

In Peace,

Legolas

More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #126048 by moss
I read it cover to cover pretty quickly which tells you something. I kind of enjoy the funkier cataolgs from New Tribe (not quite so glossy) but understand that Sherrill is approaching this move into recreational climbing with success in mind.

If I had to divide rec climbing into sub-species I'd say the Sherrill catalog represents an image of a more high-powered rec climbing style. Note the photos of various ITCC champs and the dramatic photos of climbers in redwoods. To balance this there is a strong ethical and safety message throughout the catalog which is good to see.

Hopefully the rec climbing world is broad enough to support the Sherrills and the New Tribes, having plenty of options is good for climbing.
-moss

More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #126052 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Where is Mine?
I took a peek at the Catalog in Oregon and registered on line to get one copy directly from Sherrill's but is not here yet. I agree w/ the comments on the board that they did a nice job. Informative, great gear, educational material notes, ethical recommendations a little bit of info for everyone. I wish them a great success with this new line of gear directed to the main stream climbing public and to the professionals too since the gear is used in both areas. I hope to put it to good use and keep it on my library for regular reference on techniques and to admire the RTC toys. Christmas is so near!

More
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126235 by treehouse
Replied by treehouse on topic Ascend catalog
I think Tobe did a great job for a break into recreational treeclimbing. It is full of pros in the trees, but he will need people like us to fill his hopper with recreational pics. I'm sure there are not many stock photos yet. People are attracted to glossy.I hope he is able to put it in the hand of many people and peak their interest in our way of fun!

Until the next moonlit climb,

Steve

• macgyver
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126250 by macgyver
Replied by macgyver on topic Sherrill's "Ascend" Catalog
After downloading the ecopy of "Ascend" on 10/15/05 I felt a renewed interest in RTC. I couldn't wait to get a printed copy in my hands so I decided to place an order for a chest harness (Petzl Voltige) and requested a copy be sent in my order. Two days later harness, ascend and sherill master catalogs arrived.
Two days after that I joined TCI.
I now look forward to future instruction as I am still a newbie.

Great catalog - make sure you get one. If not for yourself than maybe for a friend to spark their interest.

Macgyver:)

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds