Water Tupelo?

• sean123
  • sean123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #125927 by sean123
Water Tupelo? was created by sean123
Greetings one and all. I am a vagabond naturalist/biologist who has been living mostly in the NW. There is a good chance I will be doing work in flooded bottom land forest in Arkansas this winter. Any advice on climbing in this ecosystem? Climbing will be primarily for research and to examine nest cavities. Water Tupelo and etc.
cheers,
Sean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #125928 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Welcome!
What kind of climbing experience do you have? I myself and wife Patty are birders. Good to have you on board. Tell us more about your project.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #125942 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Another Swampy Joe?
Sean, It looks like you may want to get together with "Swampy Joe" in Dawsonville Ga for some swamp stories and climbing lessons about unexplored Swamps that are his favorite climbing areas. He has practical experiences from his teaching and annual treks in the Jungles of Panama. There are also climbing schools in Georgia including the one from "Treeman Jenkins" that will be able to give instructions on Tree climbing and buying the correct gear for your needs and climbing style. Good Luck and Welcome to TCI

• sean123
  • sean123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #125989 by sean123
Replied by sean123 on topic Water Tupelo?
Hi there Treeman and Oldtimer. I'll be looking for Ivory-billed Woodpeckers for Cornell. My tree climbing experience is in the NW (I've sat in a redwood and Doug Fir) and a bit in the tropics. I'm a bit out of practice these days and was never an expert like some of you. I'm in Montana now but will be slowly making my way to Arkansas and will be there by Halloween.
cheers,
Sean

More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #125993 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Look me up.
Let me know when you plan to be in our area. Ivory bill eh? Now that is a story! Joe Maher (Swampy Joe) is certainly your man when it comes to swamp climbing. You MUST be in touch with him!!

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #126029 by icabod
Replied by icabod on topic Keep us updated
I've been really intruiged about the return of the Ivory Bill since I read about it. I'd personally offer to help out if I could. If we can help at all let us know, I think that it would be great for the folks involved in TCI to be a part of the reurn of a lost species.

Climb Safe! Happy hunting! May your film be speedy, your recorders clear, and your eyes sharp. Good Luck!
Icabod

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds