Status of Tree Climbers Coalition website?

• moss
  • moss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #125884 by moss
I think JimK mentioned this in an earlier thread, that the TCC website has been down, the domain name apparently expired. The TCC message board has been a complimentary forum to the TCI message board, maybe with a more southern swamp climbing slant :-) Any news on what's going on over there?

JimK, I sent U2U on this subject.
Thanks,
-moss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jimk123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #125885 by jimk123
Replied by jimk123 on topic When Forums Shut Down, It's Sad
I'd like to preface my message by saying that I climbed with Joe for the first time last April. I felt instantly connected with him as a friend. I continue to admire his dedication to climbing as an instructor and an inspirational adventurer. I admired the mission statement of the coalition and felt that it served a significant role in the RTC community. Joe has impacted my climbing in spirit and technique.

When this TCI forum became restricted, I sensed a loss. Remember: "It's not the $20". I'm glad that it opened again. With the events of TCI and TCC this year, I have to ask a question. Are we the same vibrant community of a year ago? I think that TCI becoming restricted for a few months and TCC shutting down have disrupted the opportunity for those with interest to engage RTC online. We had contributors to TCI's forum before the restriction that have never been heard from since. There will be a similar set-back with TCC, assuming that the lights come on again.

When TCC shut-down, I lost my climbing journal. I only keep details of my climbs online. I'm going to stay the course with my strategy. I really want these websites to gain some perpetuity. I also lost valuable information. Patrick Dimmer provided an eloguent medical explanation on how saddles like the one from New Tribe are suitable for extended wear. I really intended to study his posting. It's gone. Also, I no longer have the ability to socially connect with those climbers that were posting on TCC. I read the climber biographies, because it's interesting to learn about other climbers.

I don't know the issues that lead to TCC shutting down. I understand that businesses open and close. However, a year ago I saw a real community of climbers that were endowed with resources to stay connected. Let's don't lose a good thing. Growth in RTC comes through stability of these forums.

Regards,
JimK

Keep FIT - Fun In Trees

More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #125886 by jimw
I corresponded with Bill, Joe's brother, who told me that there have been some problems with the hosting service of the TCC web site. This is just my guess, but I think that the host will be told to get his act together or "bye-bye."

I do believe that we can expect the TCC site to be back fairly soon. I certainly hope that none of what has been posted there has been lost.

I believe that Abe has the same host and is having the same problems.

Thanks very much to JimK for his comments on this situation, and for his continuing fine creativity and caring on many levels.

. . . from one of those who "have never been heard from since."

Best regards--

Peace.

Jim

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds