Where'd every body go?

• nickfromwi
  • nickfromwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
19 years 6 days ago - 19 years 6 days ago #125129 by nickfromwi
Where'd every body go? was created by nickfromwi
It sure seems slow around here lately. Haven't any of y'all been climbing any trees?

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 days ago - 19 years 5 days ago #125130 by icabod
Replied by icabod on topic BUSY!
I've been super busy. That said, I made time for climbing!

I went with a group of students to Bob Wray's place. Friday afternoon to sunday afternoon, I got in 9 climbs. Close to 600' vertical in up climbs, all told.

What a time I had. I slept at about 80' in my crazycrib on friday night. The winds were sustained 20mph (I estimate), and there was at least one gust that woke me up. The tree had swayed way over in the gust, and I admit I questioned the sanity of staying it out. I stayed it out, cause that's how I play it!

Nights found me in layers, 5 to be exact. That is 2 thermal layers. A top layer. A wind/water prevention layer, and a coat. All of that, including me, inside of two 20deg sleeping bags (while aloft, 1 on the ground). I managed to stay warm, and comfortable.

One thing about sleeping in the wind. It has a way of REALLY dehydrating a person. I managed to hang my water out of reach from the hammock, so next time I'll think that out better.

All told we had alot of GREAT climbs.

I have plans for a short paddle/hike this friday...look for a report soon. Unless the wife nixes it!

Climb Safe!
Icabod

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

More
19 years 5 days ago - 19 years 5 days ago #125132 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic Where'd every body go?
Exactly!
Now that the weather finally broke, we’re all out climbing!

Nick, how could you forget us back East in Jersey so soon? You remember… long cold winters, wet muddy springs, an incredible lack of trees that qualify as “good climbers”.

In another month the trees will have leaves and it will be warm every day. Soon I’ll be doing a bit of “Jersey Tree Boat Surfing”. It’s a nice break form the over-crowding, run-down infrastructure, street crime, and everyone’s favorite: The hand to hand combat that breaks out on the Garden State Parkway during the Friday afternoon traffic jams when all the city folks cram themselves into the already overcrowded Jersey Shore for their weekend retreat. <are the memories coming back yet Nick> ;)

A little taste of what ya been missing…
Electrojake,
Reporting from an abandoned land-fill in the swamps of Jersey

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds