• mnklein
  • mnklein's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126249 by mnklein
Legality?? was created by mnklein
I live in Chicago. I used to be a professional tree climber and always loved the thrill and the tranquility of climbing trees. I no longer climb for a living and live and work in downtown chicago. Does anyone know if I can just head out to Grant Park and start climbing trees? Will I be arrested? Any insight you can provide would be very helpful. Thank you in advance...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126261 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic
Legality & Ninja Climbs. One of my favorite topics…
Please click on the link listed below and look over the thread.
www.tci-forums.com/viewthread.php?tid=495

Also, if you do a Search on the word outlaw you can find some rather interesting “opinions” on Ninja climbing and such. . .

More
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #124717 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic
I had a run in with the Chicago police once. It started with me in a hammock about 50' up, and a cop on the bull horn below "Hey, you , in the tree, get down here now."

They showed me in a big book of laws that they had in the trunk where it specifically said that in the city of chicago, there can be no climbing of fences, signs or trees within city parks or other city property.

You're forwarned, but I'd still do it until I got caught!

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds