• wildbill
  • wildbill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 3 weeks ago - 20 years 3 weeks ago #123553 by wildbill
was created by wildbill
Hey folks,
If there's anybody out there from the Maritime Provinces or the upper New England area who can give Jason a chance to see what recreational treeclimbing's all about, why don't you give him a shout.
Those of us way down here in the Atlanta-north Georgia area don't have the resources (or the time off from paying jobs) to get to places like New Brunswick on any kind of regular basis.
Once we get Jason hooked on treeclimbing, then we can start reeling him in and convince him to spend hard-earned cash to go somewhere exotic (Atlanta is exotic...?) and take at least the basic course.
Wild Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dietley
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 3 weeks ago - 20 years 3 weeks ago #123554 by Dietley
Replied by Dietley on topic welcome aboard!
Hello Jason, welcome to a great sport and a great website! I am a fellow Canadian beginning climber, unfortunately from the opposite coast.
I'm still trying to arrange proper climbing lessons, but it isn't easy up here. I think the best bet will be a basic climbing module offered for beginning arborists, since Atlanta is not really feasible for some of us.
In the meantime, get copies of "Recreational Tree Climbing" by Dick Flowers, and "The Tree Climber's Companion" by Jeff Jepson. Both are available at New Tribe, which is the best source for recreational climbing equipment.
Keep reading this forum, too, it is an invaluable source of top-notch information and advice.
Cheers!
Brad

• jimk123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 3 weeks ago - 20 years 3 weeks ago #123557 by jimk123
Replied by jimk123 on topic Bienvenue
Bienvenue Jason. Je pense que c'est formidable ici.

Cordialement,
JimK

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds