What skills r needed to climb safely

• rob1231
  • rob1231's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
20 years 2 months ago - 20 years 2 months ago #123318 by rob1231
What skills r needed to climb safely was created by rob1231
Hope to start a ten week tree surgery course soon but unable to afford the 3day treeclimbing course prior to it.
Have some tree climbing experience , 2years tree protesting , helped put up about 8 platforms. Have also been rock climing with freinds some years ago. Unfortunatly no longer in contact as i would ask them. Bottom line i need to provide some evidence ( letter poss) that i can climb. and would like to know what such a letter should containe. any info would be fantastic . many tanx :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago - 20 years 2 months ago #123320 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic What skills r needed to climb safely
The letter should show that you know the information necessary to get you up, throughout, and down a tree.

If we give you that info, you might get hired for a job you are not qualified to do. We'd be putting ourselves at risk by helping you out here.

The best thing for you to do would be to write what you know. If you get the job, you get it. If not...maybe you weren't qualified.

So where'd you treesit at? If I wasn't owned by Mastercard, I'd probably be a tree sitter!

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Tear
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 2 months ago - 20 years 2 months ago #123321 by Tear
Replied by Tear on topic Tree sits
As has been pointed out before on these boards, often sitters don't have the money or the desire for real gear or training. For them, and understandably so, their climbing is often spur-of-the-moment, "I need to be in that tree NOW" style. Getting up into the tree and holding it is not necessarily the same as doing it safely. I agree with Nick, write what you know. I don't think anyone, especially not here, is going to help you write a letter to get you a job you're maybe unqualified for. If you're confident in yourself and your level of safety, why don't you give the boss a demonstration?

Good luck.

JOsh

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds