Locations around Southern New England

• Vic
  • Vic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 4 months ago - 20 years 4 months ago #123189 by Vic
Greetings, I just moved to Providence, Rhode Island. Does anyone know any public parks / places within an hour's drive where one can climb without getting into any "trouble?" (By trouble I mean, violating any trespassing rules, getting shot at by hunters, being arrested, etc.) Thanks in advance. I got all my DRT equipment from New Tribe and am extremely happy being up there close to the sky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago - 20 years 4 months ago #123195 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Places to climb.
I do not know your area. However, I would look for natiounal forests. They are more remote and fewer rangers, especially rangers who chase climbers. Public parks? Expect to get chased off but they rarely send you to jail if you come down at their request and act respectfully. National parks? Not a good place because rangers are more apt to throw you out and there are just too many folk around. Your best bet? Make friends with folk who own land with big trees. Get a second set of climbing gear so you can share the adventure and gain strong allies and climbing partners. Your biggest problems will come from climbing in areas where there are a lot of humans. You will draw crowds quickly and that scares authoriteis. Go for remote areas and wear drab clothing. Climb with a rope bag so your rope does not dangle. It's the way of the ninja.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

• Vic
  • Vic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 4 months ago - 20 years 4 months ago #123214 by Vic
Replied by Vic on topic Locations around Southern New England
Thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to go to New Hampshire.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds