FYI: A Price Comparison

• chagahunter
  • chagahunter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #133808 by chagahunter
FYI: A Price Comparison was created by chagahunter
I recently compared WesSpur and Sherrill prices on an order that I plan to make in the near future. WesSpur gives free shipping on orders over $150, but Sherrill has lower prices. I wanted to know which would be the better deal.

The order includes one helmet, one saddle, one rope, one nylon runner, one cambium saver and one Delta Quick Link.

The free shipping from WesSpur saves me over 35$.

If I want to wait until December - which I don't - Sherrill sometimes gives free shipping on minimum orders toward the end of the year.

Happy climbing!
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by chagahunter. Reason: punctuation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #133811 by canopyboy
Replied by canopyboy on topic Re:FYI: A Price Comparison
I think you need to price shop item by item. I can't remember the last time Sherrill had something cheaper than Wesspur that I was looking for. I know that I recently was looking at a hitch climber and a revolver 'biner. Wesspur had the hitch climber for $54 and the revolver for $34. Sherrill was $67 and $42 respectively (24% higher total.) Plus, Wesspur has their clearance rope section, so I grabbed a 47' piece of Tachyon for $30 which put me over the $100 free shipping threshold. (Yes, I know the catalog says $150, but they have changed it to $100 on the website.) Sherrill has their price smasher guarantee, so I could have gotten their prices down by showing them Wesspur's. But I hate gimmicks like that. I'd rather deal with a company that puts their lowest prices up front.

I will admit that by now I have a very pro-Wesspur POV (and a bias against Sherrill.) You might take that into account when reading this.

As an aside, I found my gri-gri for about $80 at Blue Ridge Arborist, and my HTP static rope from ropeworks.com cheaper than anywhere else. In short it pays to shop around a bit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds