Small slingshots

• Davej
  • Davej's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
15 years 7 months ago #132153 by Davej
Small slingshots was created by Davej
I see the slingshot examples over on the NT site and think I'll try the first one. I believe Walmart has that model for only around $10. I'll look for the colored line. I hope I can find an old reel in my basement. Are there any refinements to this idea? I can get some tubular webbing to make the shot baggies. I only need to go up maybe 60 feet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #132154 by Baker
Replied by Baker on topic Re:Small slingshots
WalMart sells 2 versions of the slingshot. Don't waste your money on the folding version. I first bought the folding one thinking that it would be more packable. - it was a total failure when I tried to modify it.

For shots of 50-60 feet, with practice, you may be able to get a shot up without the reel etc. I've been able to use my slingshot effectively with just smaller homemade bags and my regular throw line. I position my line bag in front of me so that the line spools out cleanly, like when I throw by hand.

• Davej
  • Davej's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
15 years 7 months ago #132156 by Davej
Replied by Davej on topic Re:Small slingshots
Baker wrote:

I first bought the folding one thinking that it would be more packable. - it was a total failure when I tried to modify it.

Ha. I first bought just the replacement bands and spent hours looking for my old folding wrist-rocket. Still haven't found it. Then once I went back and studied the NT photo I could see the need for the longer frame so that you could add the pvc pipe for the reel. I may get it assembled within a few days. Is the hole in the pvc still the best idea for a guide? Thanks.

More
15 years 7 months ago #132159 by TreeTramp
Replied by TreeTramp on topic Re:Small slingshots
Dave

I have sent you a PM to give you my cell phone so I can answer your questions better.

See you at the top,

Dan House
(maker of every type of throwbag launcher)

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds