Saddle Suspenders

• Baker
  • Baker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #131918 by Baker
Saddle Suspenders was created by Baker
After a day of attaching and hauling tools and such into trees to hang screech owl boxes, I decided that some sort of suspenders were in order for my Tengu. I know there are saddle/harness sashes and suspenders available, but I found the Tool Rider GS Suspenders in my local hardware store for $20 and decided to give 'em a try.

They have a mini daisy chain on one shoulder strap (nice for clipping a couple of spare biners or the end of a lanyard) and a cell phone pocket on the other side. I like the sternum strap (like on a backpack) it keeps the shoulder straps from sliding off to the side when reaching or hanging in a less than vertical position. Gel padding in the shoulder areas makes these babies real comfy, no matter what I hang on my saddle. The model I got uses industrial strength clamp-type attachments like trouser suspenders, but if you already have rings on your harness, the GSX model offers swivel snap attachments.

http://www.thebrownbags.com/toolbeltsaccessories.html

I'll try them on my saddle for a while and report back if I like them. If they don't work out for tree climbing, I'll use 'em on my nail apron.
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by Baker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #131919 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:Saddle Suspenders
Nice tool for the job and the price!
In the few occasions I have done work in the trees carrying tools and similar heavy gear hanging from the saddle it is nice to have something like this to hold all that extra weight. Otherwise in a few hours the saddle if riding around your ankles.:angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds