• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
15 years 9 months ago #131832 by nickfromwi
TreeFlex harness review was created by nickfromwi
http://www.howcast.com/videos/20244-Review-Of-the-TreeFlex-Arborist-Harness

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #131833 by Baker
Replied by Baker on topic Re:TreeFlex harness review
Great video, Nick. Super detail, but that harness is WAAYY too complicated for me - at least as a rec. climber.

I had a technical rescue harness (very similar design) with double adjustable waist belts and adjustable leg loops. It made me crazy. The straps were constantly coming loose and had to be readjusted. Parachute buckles are not meant to be loaded and unloaded.

One of the biggest problems with that unit, as well, were all of the loose tails hanging all over the place once the straps were pulled snug. They were a lot longer than the tree flex's straps though. I made replacement, 1/2 inch, rubber keeper loops by cutting a mountain bike inner-tube cross-wise and slipping them over the harness belt. I had to do this because the black woven-type elastic keepers sewn on the harness failed after only a few weeks of use. (That type of elastic is only good fer keepin' yer sweatpants up, and even then it has to be aided by a drawstring!) The inner tube elastic held better because it was tighter and stickier than the original stuff. Velcro was an option for mee too, but I thought about how it reacts with fleece clothing and burdock and the like:angry: .

Give me a New Tribe anything, any day. Gotta love simplicity.
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by Baker.

More
15 years 7 months ago #132279 by Davej
Replied by Davej on topic Re:TreeFlex harness review
Baker wrote:

I had a technical rescue harness (very similar design) with double adjustable waist belts and adjustable leg loops. It made me crazy. The straps were constantly coming loose and had to be readjusted. Parachute buckles are not meant to be loaded and unloaded.
[...]
Give me a New Tribe anything, any day. Gotta love simplicity.

I had wondered about that. Don't you want the length of the leg support loop to be adjustable in some manner?

• nickfromwi
  • nickfromwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
15 years 7 months ago #132286 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Re:TreeFlex harness review
I've got my treeflex mostly dialed in. There is ZERO webbing flappage any more now that I put on the velcro. I have the velcro placed so that when the harness is on, the velcro is covered by webbing. It's sandwiched inside.

So far I'm happy with it. We'll see how it goes from here...

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
15 years 7 months ago #132289 by Davej
Replied by Davej on topic Re:TreeFlex harness review
nickfromwi wrote:

I've got my treeflex mostly dialed in. There is ZERO webbing flappage any more now that I put on the velcro.

So is the adjustability worth it?

More
15 years 7 months ago #132290 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:TreeFlex harness review
Love that review Nick.
Very comprehensive and well put together. I hope many arborist will take the time to see it before buying the new harness. Your recommendation are all well in target and I hope the manufacturers are open minded to incorporate some or all of your suggestions.
i have not seen any complete review like this one on Treebuzz or any of the other sites.
Great Job as usual Nick. :laugh:

More
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #132291 by oldtimer
Love that review Nick.
Very comprehensive and well put together video. I hope many arborists will take the time to see it before buying the new harness. Your recommendations are all well on target and I hope the manufacturers are open minded to incorporate some or all of your suggestions.
I have not seen any complete review like this one on Treebuzz or any of the other sites.
Great Job as usual Nick. :laugh:

For the guy that asked: Are all the adjustments worth the money?..... you need to buy one to find out! Limited production and special orders only! This equipment was not designed for Rec Climbers. It is for full time Arborists use mostly. :laugh:
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by oldtimer. Reason: Corrections

More
15 years 6 months ago #132377 by oldtimer
Well it tried to add my review to the review by Nick in the Gear review pages but apparently there is an error in the page that the webmaster will have to work on before we can post there but here is most of what I tried to include.

Nick produced and posted a great video to review this saddle and I highly recommend you watch it before you buy one. Great job specially the ideas for improving the saddle and how to make the modifications. :laugh:
The link to the video could be included also to make it more visible to the visitors.
Here is a link to the video or see it in the Gear section of the Board.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds