Question about sewing webbing

• moss
  • moss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #128957 by moss
Question about sewing webbing was created by moss
I'm branching out and doing a little machine sewing for some tree gear I've been wanting to make. Anybody happen to know what's the right kind of needle to use on webbing? I'm thinking maybe the ballpoint end needle might be better than a sharp or cutting (used for leather) needle. This is for joining a couple of layers of webbing. Also wondering about needle size. I've got some #14's but I'm thinking that something like #18 might be good for getting through thick layers of webbing.
Thanks,
-moss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #128958 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Question about sewing webbing
I use a 21 size needle and v92 thread to get through 3 layers of 1" tubular webbing. My machine is a bit noisier than usual when I sew this stuff, but I made my own friction saver the other day and it works fine! I'm getting some broke tested soon, so we'll see how that goes.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• moss
  • moss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 4 months ago - 17 years 4 months ago #128959 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Question about sewing webbing
Thanks Nick, I didn't know you could even get a needle that large. Looking forward to hearing the results of your testing.
-moss

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds