• TreeTramp
  • TreeTramp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
17 years 5 months ago - 17 years 5 months ago #128756 by TreeTramp
POLE VAULT throwbag launcher was created by TreeTramp
HOME MADE LAUNCHERS- the “POLE VAULT”

I have made many styles if launchers and would be happy to share my successes and failures. I wanted a single non-telescopic pole that would store inside my camper shell so its finished length is 75”.

The most expensive part of each launcher is the latex tubes. So I buy the replacement bands for the Big Shot from Sherrill’s.

To made the head your need a torch that can heat iron to cherry red hot. Fluxed brass brazing rod flows like butter. A ¾” iron pipe size coupling will fit well on the end of ¾” EMT conduit and to secure it to the pole a metal screw works well.

The forks are 3/8” round rod that you will need to heat red hot to bend to the shape you like. You need for the two rods to be brazed into the coupling to form 90 angle from each other.

To form the forks I use a vise to hold a rod while I heat it red hot and bend a nice 90 ell about 2” long. I use a large closed end wrench slide over the end of the rod so as I apply heat easy hand strength bends the rod to make a pretty shape without having to hammer on it. Measure down 4” from the end you just bent and the bend a 45 so the band end is pointing down and the fork end is going in. Each rod will need to be bent opposite if each other to form a fork. After they cool you then cut them to the exact lengths to match. File the ends smooth and sand them shiny.

Drill only two holes in the coupling near the top edge at 90 degrees apart and inset the rods thru until they touch the inside of the coupling. Braze the rods together and to the coupling. Let cool; shine it with steel wool and paint it black.

Slide the latex bands over the rods for about 4” using a light coating of rubbing alcohol and let rest 24 hours before drawing on the bands.

I put a ¾” PVC tee on the ground end of my pole secured with a screw so that it resists poking itself into the ground.

I can send you a head and bands already made ready to attach to your pole for $50; add $20 for a sliding trigger using prussic cord. Act now and I will include the end tee and all the hardware for no additional charge. Operators are standing by so hurry and don’t pass up this exciting offer not available in any stores anywhere. I am Dan House I and approved this message. Thank you for your support.

See you at the top,
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago - 17 years 5 months ago #128810 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Flex Friction Saver
removed by oldtimer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds