replacing the Bashlin Tie In Point?

• SRT-Tech
  • SRT-Tech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128521 by SRT-Tech
replacing the Bashlin Tie In Point? was created by SRT-Tech
love my Bashlin X saddle, HATE the red webbing on the front for the main TIP. have sealed the ends with a hot knife, dipped them in Marine Goop to seal the ends, and they still fray to no end. INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT to adjust the webbing, even when on the ground and the saddle is off. GRRR :(

this is the webbing i'm talking about: (modeled by my GF)

the red webbing is attached to those steel triangular rings.....

I want to get rid of the webbing and conver the main Tie In point to something else, Preferably something that holds a PETZL PAW rigging plate.

any ideas?

i do like this setup:

any ideas how i could convert my saddle TIP to the one pictured above??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128522 by ron
Replied by ron on topic replacing the Bashlin Tie In Point?
Well, if it were me, I'd drive 10 miles to the On Rope 1 store and ask Bruce to "fix" it for me. ;)

'Course, that doesn't help you at all does it? :(

I like the floating tie-in in the pic you showed. I thought the rope portion on this rig is replaceable, but I sure don't see how one would replace it.

Tough situation SRT, unless you can do mods yourself, what about contacting On Rope 1 and discussing it with them. They make harnesses, etc. mods and repairs and fabricate much of the PMI and other manufacturers "software" as well.

That's the best I can do.

• SRT-Tech
  • SRT-Tech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128524 by SRT-Tech
Replied by SRT-Tech on topic replacing the Bashlin Tie In Point?
Hi Ron! the red webbing on my saddle (first Pic) is actually replacable, its just a REAL P.I.T.A. trying to undo the webbing. That second pic i posted is sorta what i'd like to convert my saddle to...

i'll figure it out. :D eventually

More
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128562 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic replacing the Bashlin Tie In Point?
I can help you make something. I've been using small bridges on my harnesses now for a while, with success (haven't died just yet :D )

Let me know what you're looking for, and I'll let you know if I can make it happen.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds