? what all i need for tree climbing.

• chrisoneal
  • chrisoneal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127873 by chrisoneal
? what all i need for tree climbing. was created by chrisoneal
I was at a pon shop and I bought a bunch of stuff to use so that i can cut tree's down. So here is what i got. Set of spikes and belt 3 ropes and the rope that goes around the tree to help you pull ur self up on it. I know that i need a through rope and weight. But what else do i need to get up in the tree and get down. And can you guys let me know how to use them properly. And kinda tell me how to tie the "special' knot's. Any info would be great. Thanks chris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127875 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Wrong Group and wrong gear
Chris, We Seriously advise against your tree "climbing" plans without previous training and practice under a local Certified Tree Arborist. No gear purchased in a pondshop including the spikes would be recomended for the kind of Recreational Tree Climbing most of the participants of this Board practice. Sorry!

• chrisoneal
  • chrisoneal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127877 by chrisoneal
Replied by chrisoneal on topic ? what all i need for tree climbing.
ok so then were can i find training at.

More
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127880 by leon123
Replied by leon123 on topic ? what all i need for tree climbing.
Chris,

Check out www.treebuzz.com/forum. It's a forum that is geared towards the professional arborist/treeworker. Folks there will be able to give you good advice, and just doing some searches should turn up some enlightening reading material for you.

I would also recommend purchasing a small book called the Tree Climber's Companion. It is full of VERY helpful information about safely climbing trees. Here's link to where it can be purchased:

http://www.wesspur.com/Books/tree-climbing-books.html

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds