big shot

• lizardman
  • lizardman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
17 years 10 months ago - 17 years 10 months ago #127792 by lizardman
big shot was created by lizardman
Any one got a big shot for sale or plans for a diy version?

www.mighty-oak.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127800 by moss
Replied by moss on topic big shot
I've been doing some drawings for a DIY but ended up buying one. It helps to see how the Big Shot is made and the kinds of stresses that are put on the pole by the slingshot.

To make the slingshot frame in the most efficient manner requires access to welding equipment and some basic metal forming tools including a heavy vise and perhaps an oxyacetylene torch to help with bending steel rod.

The first thing I noticed on testing the Big Shot as sold is that pulling the sling down put some awkward stresses on my fingers, arm and shoulder. I can see the potential for various kinds of muscle and joint injuries especially for middle-aged old folks like me.

To solve that problem I'm building a custom trigger release and a controllable way to pull down the sling using mechanical advantage plus foot/leg power instead of arms.

I have the foot pull done (so much easier) and am finishing up the trigger for testing this weekend. I'll post photos when I get it working right.
-moss

More
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127801 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic big shot
I made one of those, too. It had a 2:1 rig on it. It was cumbersome, so I took it off and went back to the straight prusik on the stick method, which works quite well.

I'd like to see what you come up with, moss!

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• lizardman
  • lizardman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127802 by lizardman
Replied by lizardman on topic big shot
excellent look forward to seeing pics

www.mighty-oak.co.uk

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds