sleeping bag in tree boat

More
18 years 5 months ago - 18 years 5 months ago #126398 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic What is your goal?
I had a goal in mind when I slept in the training tree. For me it was to get ready for what might end up as a long stay in a tree and area I was protecting. It was my first and only tree sit and I was hopeful that I would be prepared.

What is your goal? What are your intentions? Why are you compelled to sleep in a tree and risk a dirty bag?

A sheet inside the bag is fine if keeping the bag clean is a priority. Bags can be cleaned too, if it comes to that. I am also curious as to what kind of "dirt" you forsee bringing into the bag. Bark? Dust? Crumbs?

My wife Patty has a low tolerance to "dirt." We hire people to clean our house from time to time. Me- I'm embarasssed to say my tolerance to "dirt" is much higher- much higher. I can easily end up in the "slob" category if not monitored closely. I did keep a tidy porta ledge, even though books ended up taking more space than the "dirt."

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago - 18 years 5 months ago #126461 by icabod
Replied by icabod on topic DIRT RULES
The best part of open air (360deg spherically in a tree!) camping is that your sleeping gear will always have some sorts of detritus from the tree in it. I love getting into my gear, the smell, the grit, the reminders of nice nights in the tree from the leaves and twigs.

Don't sweat the small stuff, everything gets dirty eventually. It's the second law of thermodynamics afterall...everything moves towards disorder.

I stick with CHEAP gear too. Check CAMPMOR, they had some really good deals on low temp bags recently. When you don't pay as much you don't worry as much about using it, at least I don't.

Long stort short Jim...go sleep in a tree, once you do, I bet you'll either love it so much you'll have no more need for excuses, or you'll hate it enough to keep to the ground.

Climb Safe!
Sleep Warm (it's warmer in NC!)
Icabod

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

More
18 years 5 months ago - 18 years 5 months ago #126465 by jimw
Replied by jimw on topic sleeping bag in tree boat
Some good advice, Icabod. After all, the stuff was made to be used. I do have a nice bag that I don't particularly want to get "all dirty" (yechh!), but, then again, it wasn't very expensive and it certainly will withstand cleaning!

I guess I need to stop being so fastidious.

Peace.

Jim

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds