Updated catalogue

• Tear
  • Tear's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #123104 by Tear
Updated catalogue was created by Tear
Yay for the new NEW TRIBE catalogue! I got the CD-ROM version in the mail today and am so happy to have new pretty things to look at. Thanks Sophia.

Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #123108 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Updated catalogue
Oh, man! I am JUST about to buy a treeboat. How do I get my mitts on a new catalog?!?!

love
nick

Sophia, can you hook me up?

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #123112 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Updated catalogue
Wow, I just checked out the website www.newtribe.com Did you see the new "Door Number One"!!!! You can get a treeboat, bag, and cozy for 150 bucks!!!! I will be placing my order super soon!

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128748 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic New Sherrill Catalog
Just received the New Innovation Catalog from Sherrill's . Nice toys targeted to the Professional Arborist. Nice rope bags, coold new Grizzly splices. I wonder what experience Nick has observed so far with this new splicing technique. Thinking of ordering a Beeline 2-eye split tail. The one I got at the Rendezvous works nicely but the large knots makes it kind of bulky. It works great on advances hitches and not concerns about burning the tail on fast descends because of the high melting point.

More
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128749 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Updated catalogue
It appears the Grizzly splices are sewed with a heavy duty machine. The splice sure looks bulky. It looks more like a "join" than a splice. Someone already asked on another board "what happens if the stitches on the surface of the splice become abraded during use?" This new splice concept is notable in that it is a machine fabrication process as opposed to a hand-built splice.
-moss

More
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128750 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Updated catalogue

Originally posted by Oldtimer
Thinking of ordering a Beeline 2-eye split tail. The one I got at the Rendezvous works nicely but the large knots makes it kind of bulky. It works great on advances hitches and not concerns about burning the tail on fast descends because of the high melting point.

Hmmm... Makes me wonder, you might not melt the hitch cord but you could still glaze the climbing rope enough to create uncontrollable descent or cut the main rope.

I think the hear resistant cords are built to last longer through heat resistance rather than prevent one-time burnout. I guess I think it's a debatable benefit. If you were going fast enough to melt the rope wouldn't you essentially be out of control anyway and in a position to hit the ground hard?

Just playing devils advocate. Many experienced climbers like Tenex for a closed hitch. I've used it and it works very well. It's inexpensive cord and you can just throw it away when it starts to show too much wear.

More
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128751 by markf12
Replied by markf12 on topic Updated catalogue
Ok, this is getting a bit more off thread, but I couldn't resist putting in a bit about beeline. I climbed with some as a split tail over the summer at the TCI family climb in Minneapolis and liked how it handled. Finally shelled out for 20 feet of it for split tails about a month ago. I still like how it handles on my current main climbing rope (NT Chameleon). A 4/2 Blakes slides easily and grips instantly. Don't know about durability, but it hasn't showed any appreciable wear yet. I have no intention of seeing how it holds up in a fast slide; I'll leave that to daredevils like Oldtimer. There are probably lots of split tail lines that are better value, but I'm liking this so far.

More
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128752 by pantheraba
Replied by pantheraba on topic Updated catalogue

Originally posted by Oldtimer
I wonder what experience Nick has observed so far with this new splicing technique. Thinking of ordering a Beeline 2-eye split tail. The one I got at the Rendezvous works nicely but the large knots makes it kind of bulky.

Desi, the Grizzly splices look pretty crude to me...you have to admit, there is something very elegant to splices by Nick. But besides an eye-eye looking so good, Nick's eye-eye BeeLine split tails are very functional. I have been using one for several months now. I had him make me one in BeeLine and one in HRC...they were both on my rig at TreeRendezvous.

Look at the pictures of the Grizzly sewn split tail...the loop part is BIG (link below...bottom right of picture). It would interfere with the way I tie my Knut Knot.

http://tinyurl.com/yh6pjc

I say "Give Nick the business" (haha) whenever you can.

Gary Layton
near Atlanta

More
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128754 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Grizzly Splices
Gary, I see what you mean. I was just curious about the "new toy" aspect of it.
I registered in the treehouse site to be able to see the pictures and I'm waiting for the Webmaster to reply. I agree that Nick's Splices are very elegant and not as bulky as those machine prepared. I will save my cash for another toy instead. Thanks for the advise. Hope things are going well in Atlanta. See you learn something new everyday!

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds