• Dietley
  • Dietley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123838 by Dietley
was created by Dietley
Hi Michelle.

I'm a new climber over on Vancouver Island (Port Alberni). Like wahoo101 just to the south of us, I am self-taught, but would like to take some proper instruction. If you hear of anything happening on the lower mainland, please let me know!
I have talked to an instructor from Malaspina College about the feasibility of taking a course on tree climbing offered through their Forestry program, but am still waiting for a decision.
What about it TCI? I know you have held courses outside Atlanta before; how many students would be necessary to justify you offering a course out in Vancouver, BC? For starters, there is Michelle here, plus me and a friend of mine who is interested, possibly one of my sons (if he is old enough), and maybe wahoo101 and his son would catch the ferry up. How many more students would we need to collect?

Brad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123841 by tengu12
Replied by tengu12 on topic
Greetings Brad,
TCI does offer classes around the USA and the World, (I just got back from Japan and Taiwan helping to introduce Recreational Tree Climbing).
Please check your u2u mail box, for more information.
Don't forget that Tree Climbing USA, Tree Climbers International, Tree Climber Coalition, New Tribe, Tree Climbing Taiwan, Tree Climbing Japan, and others will be holding a Recreational Tree Climbing Rendezvous this fall in the center of the United States (Nebraska). This gathering is open to EVERYONE and is a great opportunity for those who can't travel to the S.E. too get some quality training by the ones who do this activity everyday teaching people from all different walks of life.

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

More
19 years 7 months ago - 19 years 7 months ago #123984 by trinad
Replied by trinad on topic climbing around here
Hey guys, I'm living in Vic, (but originally hail from PA!). Anyways, I'd really like some people to head out climbing trees with. Vancouver, or further or anywhere on the island. Does anyone do this? I have a tree climbing rope and a rock climbing harness (and various other rock gear..) and have been taught some DRT and SRT. I would also be interested in further courses, did anyone hear more about this? My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Cheers to you all and have a good day.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds