Learning in or near PA

• jea114
  • jea114's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123787 by jea114
Learning in or near PA was created by jea114
Hi, I stumbled onto this site by accident and now I'm intrigued. I'm not sure If I can make a trip to GA. anytime soon... are there tree climbing schools a little closer to PA. I live in central PA near State College.

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123792 by tengu12
Replied by tengu12 on topic PA tree climbing
Greetings
As of now there are no certified Tree Climbing schools or Instructors from T.C.I. or T.C.U.S.A. in the PA. area.
There was some interest a few months ago in getting an Intensive Basic Course to be held in the Pittsburg area, by a traveling T.C.I. instructor.
Keep checking back on the message board if we get enough interest in the PA area we'd be more than
happy to come and train like minded folk.
We will let the Message Board know if/when we will be traveling anytime soon.
I know Nebraska is not much closer than GA. but we will be holding a Recreational Tree Climbing Rendezvous this fall just outside of Omaha. The top Instructors from T.C.I. and T.C.U.S.A. along with guest speakers from New Tribe and other Tree Climbing Schools will be there. This would be a great opportunity to get hands on training from some of the worlds most experienced Rec. Tree Climbing Instructors and knowledge on the gear we use by the folks that make the gear!
You've came to the right spot for some great information on Tree Climbing, now make sure to get quality instruction and proper gear before trying to ascend into the canopy of our elders.

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

• jea114
  • jea114's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 10 months ago - 19 years 10 months ago #123793 by jea114
Replied by jea114 on topic More along the same
Tengu thanks for the response... I'll keep watching for a northward bound traveling TCI instructor. PA, MD, NJ, NY, CT, VA, DE, OH, and WV are all within a few hours of me... and who knows maybe I'll find myself in the peach state some day.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds