Lil Coyote and me + tree = 3

• SRT-Tech
  • SRT-Tech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #129196 by SRT-Tech
Lil Coyote and me + tree = 3 was created by SRT-Tech
treated myself to a new autolock steel biner, 6' of 10mm BeeeeLine cord, and a couple steel rope thimbles....... $84 CDN later i was on my way home to grab the gear and go climb.

but thats not really a climb report is it? :D got ot my regular tree, 2nd cast of the throwline i nailed the crotch of a 12" limb perfectly. Tied the rope on, cambium saver positioned, clip in, new BeeeeLine splitail and new biner attached - good to go.

made a few ascents, just up and down to warm up, then i sat about 50' up on a big limb, drinking in the forest air, the last bit of sun on my face, yummy chocolate bar being nibbled on :)

heard the yipping of a couple coyotes, tiny little yowls and yips, and then i saw one, just a wee bit bigger than my bigfat cat. Tawny brown and silver fure, full coat, no mange, no ribs showing...this one was eating healthy. It stared at me for a bit, sat down on its haunches, looking up, let out a yip. I heard an answering yip from my left, loolked carefully but couldnt see the second coyote. soon as i twitched my rope the coyote scampered off, silently. Heard a few more yaps and yips and them they were quiet, probably burrowed down for a bit.

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SRT-Tech
  • SRT-Tech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #129263 by SRT-Tech
Replied by SRT-Tech on topic Lil Coyote and me + tree = 3
went back Saturday to the FoxDen (new name for the area). used my mini grapplehook and throwline to pull down some new widowmakers that had broken in the recent wind.

encountered a gentleman in the woods, snooping around some trees, looking at the ground. He saw me, waved, i waved back, he went back to looking around ont he ground....lol wonder what he was looking for ....certain "plants" maybe?

will be installing a tagline soon, and a permanent (but removable) camo friction saver (with the tag line thru it) high on the tree. :D:D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds