Tree Climbers Rendezvous 2005 was created by newtribe
CLICK HERE for all the details on

Tree Climbers Rendezvous 2005
September 14 - 23, 2005
Oregon Caves National Monument
and
New Tribe's 21st Birthday Party
All hosted by New Tribe!

We are excited to see you at the Tree Climbers gathering! It's a great chance to catch some tree climbing classes, and to enjoy some climb time with other folks from around the world who share your passion. We'll be in a place of breathtaking beauty, from the tall ancient trees to the deep mysterious caves.

We hope you'll arrange to stay on for New Tribe's Birthday party starting Tues Sept 20. It will be Open House at New Tribe, and we are eager to take you to our favorite climbing knoll. Take in stunning 360-degree views of the Siskiyou Mountains and the Rogue River Valley, from the tops of old growth firs and pines at the crest of the hill. If you've seen "Tickle the Sky," you've had a peek at this remarkable place.

You can also make the most of your travel here by making time for the Redwood groves, the Pacific beaches on the Oregon Coast, and jewel-like Crater Lake. It's all in our neighborhood. This will be a visit to remember forever.

High on Climbing,

Sophia and the New Tribe gang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125458 by TreeTramp
Replied by TreeTramp on topic On the Road again
After major reworking of our plans I am pleased to post that I and my daughter Erin will be able to Rendezvous in Oregon this Fall. I promised her that she can sleep in the canopy full of Moonlight and swaying boughs. It just sounded too good to pass up.

See you at the top of a tall Doug Fir,
Dan

PS would others like to post their plans also?
We arrive Thursday evening and leave Wed. afternoon.

More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125460 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Plans For Oregon
Hello Dan,
I will be arriving on Wed 14 in the p.m. and returning on Monday 19 early a.m.
I am looking forward to see the old tree climbing compadres again.
ZZZ's on the trees---Cool!

Oldtimer from Austin

More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125475 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Tree Climbers Rendezvous 2005
Am I understanding the pricing correct? $150 to sign up, PLUS another $40 per night? Yikes! :(

love
nick, the nomad climber

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125476 by tengu12
Replied by tengu12 on topic Tree Climbers Rendezvous 2005
Greetings Dan and Oldtimer,
Glad to hear you're gonna make it. I got word from JB that she'll be there as well. It will be like a reunion, now if we can just get Abe to come.
I went to the Caves today and took a few pictures of the site. If there is any concern about this years price, I can guarantee that you'll get what you pay for. Don't forgert that the price inculdes lodging and food.This place is Beautiful!
Hope to see Y'all there.
http://homepage.mac.com/treekster/rtcr/PhotoAlbum20.html

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125477 by Tom Dunlap
Replied by Tom Dunlap on topic Tree Climbers Rendezvous 2005
I'll be going too. Sophia invited me to do an after-dinner chat.

This will be a good road trip. I have an EHAP session to teach in CA. That will allow some time for a drive through the big trees.

Tom

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125481 by nickfromwi

Originally posted by tengu
... Don't forgert that the price inculdes lodging and food...

When I look at the reg. form, I read that it's $150 for the shindig, plus at least $40/night for the campsite (and maybe much more depending on what type of lodging you get.

I do not doubt that it'll be worthwhile...it's just a big chunk of change.

Will there be ample food for the vegetarian(s)?

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125482 by tengu12
Hi Nick
Thanks for the question. It seems to be something that is not mentioned in the flyer but YES there will be vegetarian and vegan meals available,
just let New Tribe know prior to the deadline.
FYI -The campsite ($40.00) is about 1.8miles from the dining lodge. The dorms ($50.00) are located about 100yds from the lodge.

Also a reminder for everyone that the deadline for early registration (and a savings of $30.00) ends tomorrow, July 15th.

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125483 by nickfromwi
But we do have to pay the registration fee AND the daily campsite fee, right?

Yayyy for veggie meals!

love
nick

More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125486 by tengu12
YUP, that is correct you have to pay both.

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125489 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Rendezvous Fees
Nick, I assume the registration fees helps cover some of the charges for getting the place, bringing gear, help cover some of the presenters expenses all kinds of stuff that needs to take place to put one of this things together. The daily "camping" fee more than covers your "hotel" and food. Every penny was worth it for me last year in NE. The accomodations were simple but safe, convenient and confortable, the food was plentiful and next door to the climbing site. They even picked me up from the airport for free! Overall a great annual vacation for me, I learned a lot even without taking any of the organized classes. New tribe gave great discount to the participants for gear and stuff. I am looking forward to this year's meeting again. Overall a great success in my opinion. Thanks guys for putting it together. Good Job!

More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125655 by nickfromwi
It's looking better and better. I will be working/living in CO after Aug 15th (that's 15 days before my birthday on the 30th, hint, hint). I might have some time off right away where I can drive up and "hang out"

love
nick

More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #125784 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Happy Birthdate Nick
"(that's 15 days before my birthday on the 30th, hint, hint). " Nick

More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #125876 by tengu12
LET THE CLIMBING BEGIN!!!!

Day 1
The New Tribe staff is hard at work, shuttling folks from the airport to the rendezvous site to the climbing trees and to the training trees.

This years Rendezvous has offically started.

Those of you who couldn't make it, be sure to go out and climb a tree this weekend - knowing that you are climbing with kindred spirits in the northwest.

Wish ya'll were here.

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #125897 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Honey, I 'm Back
I am back in TX. The New Tribe Festival / TCI Rendezvous was every bit as good as they have promised.
The weather was great, the trees are huge, the friendship was great. Meeting new faces and putting together them w/ the Board Names was also a surprise ( Nickfrom WI was younger than I expected). Meeting the "Movie Stars" of the "Tickle the Sky" and Tree Bark" movies and the Equipment makers Sophia Sparks and her great crew of worker bees and equipment Sellers (Toby S) was fantastic.

The nightly after dinner presentations were like attending Tree Climbing University Lectures but more entertaining and funny. Presentations by Toby Sherrill, Tom Dunlap, Elliot S, and the final closure day Speech by Peter Jenkins were all great. I wish someone had made a video because it is hard to put so much knowledge and tree climbing history all in one place and at great location for such a low price, FREE!.

Even tough I got sick for a day or so and I was not able to climb as much as I had wanted, the trek was well worth it. I came back with a lot of great memories which I wish will stay in my mind for a long time. The day tour of the California Redwoods with Scott A. was fantastic!. I hope to get pictures from those w/ better cameras to share my experiences w/ my local ground-bound coworkers and family. Kudos to the organizers and to every one that attended. I am looking forward to the next year Rendezvous wherever it will take place! I forgot the crew and accomodations at the Chateau were very nice and the food was abundant and tasty. Pictures anyone!

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds