• TreeTramp
  • TreeTramp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
18 years 11 months ago - 18 years 11 months ago #125210 by TreeTramp
MEMORIAL WEEKEND CLIMBING PARTY was created by TreeTramp
MEMORIAL WEEKEND CLIMBING PARTY Saturday-Sunday May 28th and 29th, 2005

Climbers that get off the ground will need to sign the waiver and comply with safety rules to keep everyone happy. Your ticket to climb will be a nametag that you get from me and permission from whomever is assigned to the tree you are climbing in. That will be the safety sheriff and only he can clear you for lift-off. This will alert everyone on who is where and who is over your head. Just an ounce of prevention to avoid any spills. We will pass the hat for donations for the owner, Saundra Hill for letting us use her trees and money for breakfast from those who eat.

Saturday afternoon after lunch Stan and I will be at the Grove preparing camp.
There are many tasks that need to be done: clearing a fire ring for the campfire;
rigging a port-a-potty; light dead-wooding, stringing some pull lines, etc.
Come when you can and help us if you care.

Dinner around 6pm: Potluck Pic-Nic Bar-B-Que
Stan will have a grille fired up and I have a wok on a LP burner and a two-burner stove.
Bring something to cook on a grille or wok or a stove if you want a hot meal for dinner.
I like to cook Cajun blackened fish or chicken in the wok and planning to eat hearty and well.
Leave your freeze-dried tofu instant meals for backpacking trips because we are truck camping.
Drag along some kind of side dish or fixins’ to share with others. I like pie.
For table service- bring your own mess kit; things to eat with and your own beverages.
The camp kitchen box is stocked with lots of extras and we have fed multitudes in the past.

We will be climbing at anytime in three great Burr Oaks.
I expect each of us to learn something new from someone else teaching us; teach someone else something new and experiment with new techniques and ways to improve safety.
There will be a TreeBoats for canopy camping aloft if your care to sleep over.
Tom has a port-a-ledge that he will rig and we have an extra TreeBoat and an Air Chair.
Saturday night we can gather around the campfire so bring your own lawn chair and wood for the fire.
Just for the hoot of it I will hang my swings and I even have a harness for my Corgi dog, Penny and she has to be the only treeclimbing dog that flies.

Sunday morning: Camp Breakfast will be provided whenever we get around to it: coffee, tea, juice and breakfast burritos.

You are invited to come whenever your can; stay as long as your like and the best climber will be the one having the most fun.

See you at the top,
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 3climbr
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 11 months ago - 18 years 11 months ago #125213 by 3climbr
Replied by 3climbr on topic I'm curious.
Dan,
I have to work this weekend. But, I'm curious. Where will you be climbing? It sure sounds like a lot of fun.
regards,
RL

• TreeTramp
  • TreeTramp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
18 years 11 months ago - 18 years 11 months ago #125216 by TreeTramp
Replied by TreeTramp on topic Kansas City TreeClimbers Party
As much as I have proof-read the post I see now that you have to know me to know that we are in Kansas City. The site is found at: Indian Creek Burr Oaks

Be sure to click on the sattellite image to see the shadows the trees along the creek.

If any of y'll ever in my woods give me a shout; cell 816-564-4500.

Dan

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds