• bobwray
  • bobwray's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
19 years 3 months ago - 19 years 3 months ago #124702 by bobwray
The Second Annual in October of 04 was so much fun that I cannot wait until October to do it again!!
I have decided to add a Spring Version to compliment the Fall climb.
It will be April 22-24 near Meadows of Dan, VA.
Email me for directions. Hope to see a few more of you there.
My last post,
Bob in VA.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• harrywbarnhurst
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
19 years 3 months ago - 19 years 3 months ago #124712 by harrywbarnhurst
Replied by harrywbarnhurst on topic Yahoooooooooooo!
When I heard about this I was pretty psyched to say the least. As far as I know only Bob Wray (of course it's his home), Wild Bill, Joe Maher, Jim W, Kernsloth, and Peter "Knothead" Hedin, have experienced the fantastic climbing experience that we call the Blue Ridge Parkway Climb-In.

There are plenty of trees for everyone, and that includes all skill levels. The beauty of Bob's 40 acres adjacent to the Parkway is surpassed only by Bob's hospitality.

The climbing is great and so is the campfire; it struck me how cool it was to sit around with people with such a wide variety of experience in tree climbing and everyone was able to share, even me.

I can't wait to get back down to Bob's and hope that even more of you can make it this time. Being up here in SouthEast PA, makes it hard to hook up with you for the second saturday wilderness climbs etc. So this is a great chance to get to meet some of my fellow climbers that I only have met through the message boards.

Be well, have a great rest of the Winter and...see you in the Spring!

In Peace,

Legolas

More
19 years 2 months ago - 19 years 2 months ago #124389 by tengu12
Replied by tengu12 on topic
Greetings Bob,
Once again I don't believe I'll be able to make your spring gathering. (I may be traveling up there next month to visit some family, if you're available I'd love to adventure-up with ya).
I may also be moving out to Oregon in early April and starting a TCI grove out in the NW, there has been some talk about this years Recreational Tree Climbing Rendezvous being held in Oregon this Sept.
Hopefully you'll be able to make to the Oregon Rendezvous and join us in the elders. If you can't make it in Sept. I'll be happy to host you anytime wherever I may be.

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds