• jmaher
  • jmaher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 6 months ago - 19 years 6 months ago #124004 by jmaher
was created by jmaher
I just got back from the Nebraska gathering and I must say that it was a wonderful experience. Tim, Abe, Genevieve, Peter, the folks from New Tribe,and all the rest of those there did a wonderful job making the thing a resounding success.

It was quite awesome to be surrounded by so much climbing talent and expertise. We need to be doing this sort of thing more often!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago - 19 years 6 months ago #124019 by tengu12
Replied by tengu12 on topic Photos from this years Rendezvous
The 2004 Recreational Tree Climbing Rendezvous was a great opportunity for climbers from 3 different countries and 9 different states to get together and share knowledge, wisdom and love for the forest and our trees. Here are a few photos from the RTCR. More photos will be on the way.
Those that were there know of the magic in the air and some talk of next years rendezvous is allready taking place. If you weren't there this year, besure knot to miss out on next years rendezvous.
The seed has been planted!

http://homepage.mac.com/treekster/rtcr/PhotoAlbum15.html

enjoy the photos

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

More
19 years 5 months ago - 19 years 5 months ago #124148 by abram
It seems like just the other day,really it was this time last year after the TCUSA Gathering in North Georgia that Tim and I began putting together the Nebraska Gathering of 7 weeks ago. It was quite a learning experience for all of us that helped in bringing it about as well I hope for all that attended. Looking back I am always greatful that all were safe and those that came and shared the experience came away a bit more savvy about what tree climbing is about as well as the direction it can go. For my part I enjoyed meeting my 3 new Basic students (Angela, Peter and Michael) and only hope that by now all 3 have equipment on the way to them and that they will soon be in the canopies in and around their own neighborhoods. If I can be of any service please give me a call. I now have all of your exams and will be getting out your certificates soon. As to the logistics of putting such a program together much thanks goes out to Tim. As to instruction thanks to Peter, Genevieve, Joe and others who shared in informal yet informative ways. To Dan and Stan thank you for the pennants, the tree tramp and some awesome bar b que. Watching Scott display his skills and meeting up with Elliot, Dennis, and Harv once again confirmed my belief that we as tree climbers are on the right path as we journey into the future of adventure programming. Putting a face with the voice I often talk to at New Tribe and listening and learning from Viola was a treat. It had been over 10 years since I last met anyone from their great company. Perhaps one of these days I may get the chance to travel to Grants Pass and see where all of this good tree climbing gear is produced. I am sure that I am missing folks that were present such as JB, Desi, Trint, Don and others but my mind is drawing a blank. I can forsee in the future Regional as well as International Gatherings. For myself this was my 7th such get together and I look forward to many more. Until; Safety in and for the trees worldwide! Abe

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds