• Wealden88
  • Wealden88's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 10 months ago #136059 by Wealden88
how to do it was created by Wealden88
hi,
im a 14 year old boy and we're building a tree house in a big oak. i want to be able to climb higher into the tree but know that i am safe. how should i go out about this and what gear should i get. I'm on a pretty tight budget as I'm using my own money to buy the kit. I've heard about the DRT technique and I've done rock climbing before. any advice will be warmly welcomed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #136063 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re: how to do it

Wealden88 wrote: hi,
im a 14 year old boy and we're building a tree house in a big oak. i want to be able to climb higher into the tree but know that i am safe. how should i go out about this and what gear should i get. I'm on a pretty tight budget as I'm using my own money to buy the kit. I've heard about the DRT technique and I've done rock climbing before. any advice will be warmly welcomed.

First thing you should do is make contact with a skilled tree climber who's local to you and work from there. There's too many ways to toast yourself in a tree without a solid understanding of the basics. Speaking of which you can always purchase Treeman's basics video available on this site, well worth it. Will give you a better understanding of what's required to climb safely with rope and harness.
-AJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds