biner to biner; is it safe?

• squirrelmaster
  • squirrelmaster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #136008 by squirrelmaster
biner to biner; is it safe? was created by squirrelmaster
quick question for you folks here. I attach my split-tail to my delta with a locking biner. Could I then attach my "up" rope to a biner that then attaches to the split-tail biner? Otherwize, between my climbing rope and my lanyard there is not much room on my delta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #136009 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re: biner to biner; is it safe?
I do not actually visualize the problem but looks like that is what everyone does already.
Please Take a picture and post it so we can see what is the issue better.

• squirrelmaster
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #136011 by squirrelmaster
Replied by squirrelmaster on topic Re: biner to biner; is it safe?
I was told not to link carabiners like a chain.
Attachments:

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #136012 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re: biner to biner; is it safe?
Looks like you have the main line is the Red rope with a blue color split tail and the yellow/orange is a secondary lanyard in some type of prussic knot that you are using while resting on the branch or while making a swith over. (?)
Looks like a very crowded place with lots of potential for problems with binner locking into each other and you are unable to open their gates, etc. The binner to binner is not a problem in itself but you could think of ways to simplify the two set ups so they so not get into each other and keep your delta not so congested with stuff.
Some of those binners are redundant and you could re-arrannge your lines for simplicity and efficiency.
One alternative is to tie your lanyard to the side of your saddle loops (the Life safety rated ones) (Not the gear hanging ones) That way you will not have all that gear in front. Hope this makes some sense.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #136021 by 2chops
Replied by 2chops on topic Re: biner to biner; is it safe?
If you're having issues with a crowded delta, do yourself a HUGE favor and buy a small Petzl paw. The one with 3 attachment holes. Problem solved.

Ron

• squirrelmaster
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #136023 by squirrelmaster
Replied by squirrelmaster on topic Re: biner to biner; is it safe?
Thanks for the info guys. I'm definitely looking at getting the paw. I just want my lanyard to be connected at the delta so I could hang from it too if need be. It did get pretty crowded with four carabiners on the delta. I found out that biner to biner is more of a rock climbing issue.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds