Is there a more efficient DDRT system?

More
13 years 4 months ago #134983 by 2chops
Replied by 2chops on topic Re:Is there a more efficient DDRT system?
I think there're 2 issues adding up to your frustration. 1. Your rope is new. My personal rope is Samson /BWR. When I 1st got it I couldn't footlock with it to save my life. It was very slick. It took me about 20 climbs to get it "furred up" a bit. The Safety blue I use for my climbing academy was the same, but seemed to break in quicker. I've only used PI three times, and it seemed pretty slick too. So give your rope a few dozen climbs to break in a bit. 2. Your footlock technique, you simply need to get more practice with it. Keep at it and anylise what you're doing a n d b e p a ti e n t. I'm guessing that you're a persistent kinda guy. You will get this worked out. I work with pros who can't footlock all that well. So don't sweat it too much. You'll be fine.

Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cedar paul
  • cedar paul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #134984 by cedar paul
Replied by cedar paul on topic Re:Is there a more efficient DDRT system?
Ron, thanks for the words of encouragement. I am trying to climb at least 3 times a week so eventually I'll get her broke in. I also think all my boots have a heel and from what I have seen this might not be the most advantageous. I am going to climb hard for the next year and then seek some good instruction in SRT-looks like alot of fun!

More
13 years 4 months ago #135007 by michaeljspraggon
Replied by michaeljspraggon on topic Re:Is there a more efficient DDRT system?
2 things I noticed about the videos Canadian Treeman posted earlier:

Video 1: The branch he was hanging from was INCREDIBLY thin.

Video 2: Gerry wasn't using a friction saver!

Michael

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds