Help finding an ascending/descending video

• NorthWoodsDiver
  • NorthWoodsDiver's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 years 9 months ago #134659 by NorthWoodsDiver
Help finding an ascending/descending video was created by NorthWoodsDiver
Last winter I watched a video clip online, I think on youtube, where a climber was demonstrating the use of ascenders and doing a changeover to a descender.

This video came up in conversation the other day but now I can't find it so I'm looking for some help.

However, it was not necessarily a tree climbing video as I recall the individual was inside (like at a rock climbing gym) and I think he was working on lines that were not hanging vertically but rigged at an angle.

I'm pretty sure he was using all Petzl gear and demonstrating how to switch from one climbing line to another and how to switch from ascending to rappelling.

I cant recall a title or anything but after 4 hrs online I'm not seeing anything.

Does anyone recognize what I am describing? Can someone point me to a link?

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #134671 by moss
I don't know the video. Are you more interested in learning how to do SRT switchover or is it the video itself you want? Plenty of folks can offer ideas on SRT switchover from ascent to rappel if that's what you're looking for.
-moss

• NorthWoodsDiver
  • NorthWoodsDiver's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 years 8 months ago #134672 by NorthWoodsDiver
Replied by NorthWoodsDiver on topic Re:Help finding an ascending/descending video
No I was just looking for the video because it came up in conversation. I'm perfectly comfortable with ascending and rappelling a variety of ways. T

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds