• Davej
  • Davej's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
14 years 4 months ago #134214 by Davej
Replied by Davej on topic Re:SRT Rescue
moss wrote:

Baker, nice instructions for rigging 2:1 and 3:1 MA with a pick-off strap, the self locking aspect is an added bonus, thanks!

Yeah, I noticed that and wondered if it would really slide, but obviously it must be tuned to work right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #134215 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:SRT Rescue
Davej wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that and wondered if it would really slide, but obviously it must be tuned to work right.

Looks good to go, notice that the webbing is always over metal at the ends so the friction will only be there, not too bad considering how simple it is, no pulleys involved and the effectiveness for getting the short lift job done.
-moss

• Davej
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
14 years 4 months ago #134216 by Davej
Ok, but you never get around to ordering the fancy strap and all you have is your lanyard, so do the same thing with your lanyard.

More
14 years 4 months ago #134217 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:SRT Rescue
Davej wrote:

Ok, but you never get around to ordering the fancy strap and all you have is your lanyard, so do the same thing with your lanyard.

I already have the pick-off strap, it's standard rescue gear for facilitating new climbers, I just never realized how versatile it is. There's a good "recipe" for a MA pick-off strap made from a reconfigured lanyard in the TCC web site articles section.
-moss

• Davej
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #134218 by Davej
moss wrote:

I already have the pick-off strap, it's standard rescue gear for facilitating new climbers, I just never realized how versatile it is. There's a good "recipe" for a MA pick-off strap made from a reconfigured lanyard in the TCC web site articles section.

Well, I thought about it and then did this (which is just my short lanyard wrapped on itself).
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Davej.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds