• moss
  • moss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #129732 by moss
was created by moss

Originally posted by tree boy
Quick question, how do you redirect your climbing line on double rope technique? I just don't get how you go higher when you reach the top of your line.

Just set a new tie-in-point with the other end of your rope same as if you were standing on the ground. Stay tied in to the first TIP until you have tied, clipped into and tested the second higher TIP. Get Treeman's DRT Basics video if you haven't already.
-moss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #129734 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic
Treeboy, you definitely should take a class. A lot of the things you are asking about now will be super simple once you've taken a short class about it.

An alternate solution to what moss offers is to have a seperate shorter rope that you use to connect yourself to the tree before disconnecting the primary climbing line.

Good luck!

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #129742 by sitka12
Replied by sitka12 on topic
treeboy, when i first started climbing i was confused about that same issue. it felt like i could only tree climb as far as my initial tie in point. but, what you need to do is bring a lanyard up the tree with you. once you reach your tie in point and can go no further, clip into your lanyard. slowly give your climb rope some slack to test your lanyard and then unclip your climb rope. now, toss the climb rope over the next closest branch or wherever you want to go next in the tree. i highly recommend that you try this low to ground or in a small tree until you get the hang of it.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds