• nickfromwi
  • nickfromwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #129727 by nickfromwi
was created by nickfromwi
My standard response is: "You really have to try the harness on to see if it is right for you."

There are so many harnesses out there and what one person willl swear by might only make you swear.

That said, I RARELY hear people say negative things after buying a New Tribe harness. They have a good recipe!

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• aussietreeclimber
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #129739 by aussietreeclimber
Replied by aussietreeclimber on topic
Personally I prefer the Elevation. I learnt to climb on a rock climbing harness and like the fact that the elevation has leg loops that are tightened around the legs, unlike the new tribe (personal preference). I find it really comfy compared to the webbing abomination I was climbing in.

Like Nick said "You really have to try the harness on to see if it is right for you."
Unfortunately I didn’t have this option as stores in Australia don’t have many of the harness’s you guys get in the US to try on. So I took a bit of a gamble got the elevation and it has so far seamed to pay off.

So if you can, go and have a look, feel and sit in a range of harnesses. It may save you a lot of frustration later on up in the tree's.
Matt

More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #129774 by geofk12
Replied by geofk12 on topic Do you have a Vermeer near you?
My local Vermeer store has several saddles to pick from and ropes hanging from the ceiling to test each saddle. That was my concern - will I like how it feels in the tree. My first saddle was ordered online.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds