Arborist job opportunity in Hawaii

• leon123
  • leon123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130278 by leon123
Arborist job opportunity in Hawaii was created by leon123
The University of Hawaii’s Harold L. Lyon Arboretum will be hiring an arborist in the near future. Lyon Arboretum is 194 acres of managed rainforest and botanical garden, and is located in the back of lush Manoa Valley in Honolulu. We are seeking an experienced Certified Arborist to assist in the management of the tree and palm collections of the Arboretum.

Desired qualifications: climbing, pruning, felling, and rigging down large trees; good plant identification skills and the desire to learn about a wide variety of plants; ability to give tree care advice to the public and teach basic arboriculture classes; experience working with outside contractors on large projects. Previous knowledge of tropical plant families and their growth habits is a big plus.

This job comes with excellent benefits: 21 days paid vacation per year, 21 days paid sick time per year, full medical/dental/vision, retirement package. This is also an opportunity to gain an excellent education in tropical botany/horticulture/arboriculture, and to work in a beautiful environment with good folks.

This job is not yet publicly posted, but I wanted to make it known so that those coming to Honolulu for the ISA conference who are interested could take some time to visit the Arboretum and possibly meet some of the folks that work here.

If you are interested in this position please contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for more information, or track me down at the conference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• leon123
  • leon123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130279 by leon123
Replied by leon123 on topic Arborist job opportunity in Hawaii
One benefit I forgot is six credit hours of free university classes every semester. Get a degree for free.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds