• tsunamihazardzone
  • tsunamihazardzone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #137888 by tsunamihazardzone
New Climber — Portland, Oregon was created by tsunamihazardzone
Hi All,

I am a soon-to-be climber in Portland, Oregon. I've just about saved enough to purchase the basic gear. I am very excited to get going and explore the wealth of trees. I backpack regularly and look forwarding to exploring the woods in another dimension. My plan is to start very slowly, I am keen to use SRT but intend to start with DRT. I have been reading a lot and watching videos. I know this is not a replacement for hands on training, but I can't afford the gear and a class from somewhere like: http://www.treeclimbingplanet.com/ at the same time. I plan to get classes down the road.

If any one knows of any climbers groups or would themselves suffer an eager learner in the Portland area I would love to meet, talk, listen, watch, and learn.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by tsunamihazardzone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #137891 by patty
Replied by patty on topic New Climber — Portland, Oregon
Hi Charles,
As a new member, be sure to use the TCI Climber Finder. I'm sure there are plenty of climbers in Portland. And even if you can't take one of their classes, feel free to contact the guys at Tree Climbing Planet to let them know you're around. who knows. They might be doing a public gig at some point, or something else they can invite you to.
Thanks for joining TCI, and welcome aloft (soon enough).
Patty
The following user(s) said Thank You: tsunamihazardzone

• tsunamihazardzone
  • tsunamihazardzone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 9 months ago #137892 by tsunamihazardzone
Replied by tsunamihazardzone on topic New Climber — Portland, Oregon
Thanks Patty :)

I have been using the climber finder, cool tool. Great tip to contact Tree Climbing Planet

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds