• Rigger1
  • Rigger1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #137646 by Rigger1
New Hampshire Newbie checking in was created by Rigger1
Hello all,

New climber here, checking in to say hi. Climbing is a new hobby/possibly a source of work for me as I'm routinely asked to prune/cut trees due to my rigging experience. Climbing seems like the next logical step.

While I'm a new climber, I'm an experienced rigger/structural engineer and many of the principles, techniques, and safety information translates right over. Climbing is just making yourself the load.

Hope to learn about climbing from you all, share ideas, and provide an engineering background if anyone has questions from that end about gear ratings, limb capacities, etc.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Rigger1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #138084 by inspectorgadget
Replied by inspectorgadget on topic New Hampshire Newbie checking in
Hello Rigger 1,

I'm Russ Hall (inspectorgadget) in Union, NH. Where are you located? I'm new to TCI, but look forward to climbing with others some time. Brand new to climbing on a rope, but done some to work beyond a 30' bucket truck that a friend used to have.

Glad the weather is getting better for climbing.
Best to you,
Russ

More
5 years 11 months ago #138089 by moss
Replied by moss on topic New Hampshire Newbie checking in
Likewise keep me informed, I'm always up for a New Hampshire trip to climb. Also Inspector Gadget if you could Private Message your address I still have slingshot parts to send if you still need them.
-AJ

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds