• Keokas
  • Keokas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago #137532 by Keokas
Tree climber from Finland was created by Keokas
Hi everybody!

I have been following the forums for a while, but didn't introduce myself yet.

I started climbing trees in 2012 because of geocaching (treeocaching). Since there is no recreational tree climbing training in Finland, I did what everybody here does; search the internet and try to find good and safe information.

I first climbed with SRT, (Texas) and later found this site and wanted to learn DRT as well. In summer 2015 I travelled to Atlanta and took the Basic and the Beyond the Basics courses with Mr. Treeman Jenkins. I really enjoyed the courses with TCI, thanks for both Patty and Peter! Nowdays I am climbing quite a lot with both DRT and SRT with various gear and setups.

My dream is to get to climb some big redwoods in California. Maybe in a year or two :)

I have to mention: The big inspiration for me for learning more about tree climbing techniques, was Mr. moss' videos, especially the one where he sets up a traverse line with his self made sling shot, and traverses between trees. When I saw that video, I knew that this is something I must learn :) So thanks also for Mr. moss for a huge inspiration!

Greetings from Finland,
Petteri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #137533 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Tree climber from Finland
That's awesome, I've had some great inspiration from people who got me interested in climbing, I'm glad I was able to pass on the inspiration to you. That's great that you took the courses with Peter, I don't think there's a better tree climbing instructor on the planet.
-AJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keokas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds