• Duff
  • Duff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
9 years 1 month ago #137254 by Duff
I think I'm back was created by Duff
Hi all.

I started climbing in 2007 at the Rendezvous in CO, and have fond memories of that Labor Day weekend. I drifted away from tree climbing over the next couple of years on account of family issues (OK, I got divorced), but am thinking of getting back into it. I'm from WA state, and am thinking of attending Rendezvous there this year. Don't know who here remembers me, but I remember you. :)

It's been over five years since I last climbed, so I consider myself a newbie all over again. I still have all my gear, including a treeboat/canopy I often take camping with me, and a Big Shot I've never used. Maybe I should get out and use it. ;)

Everything that was to happen had happened and everything that was to be seen had gone. It was now one of those moments when nothing remains but an opening in the sky and a story—and maybe something of a poem. Norman Maclean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #137268 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic I think I'm back
Welcome back Duff.

Get your gear back out, dust it off, and make reassuring noises to your lonely pieces of equipment. Go on out and find you an easy tree and do a short climb. Maybe even do a few laps up and down to get the rhythm back. You will need to retrain your muscles a bit so be gentle with yourself at the start. Check in with your muscles the next day to see how they respond to that anti gravitational workout.

Do you haver a climbing buddy yet? Try the climber finder here and see if you can dial someone up.

Do come to the Rendezvous this year. It's in your backyard! You'll get to reconnect with a lot of fine folks.

One more thing. Take your Big Shot and throw line cube out to an open field and so some practice shots. Make sure you wear some eye protection. I've been smacked in the eye with a misfire before but my safety glasses saved my eyesight.

Cheers,

Treeman

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
8 years 10 months ago #137329 by broadtree
Replied by broadtree on topic I think I'm back
Duff:

Your message sez you are from WA State but your address is Culver City CA. Are you living in Western WA?

Good advice from TM about goggles and Big Shot, BTW.

Broadtree, Seattle

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds