Tree Climbing in Switzerland

• karinholm
  • karinholm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 9 months ago #137352 by karinholm
Tree Climbing in Switzerland was created by karinholm
We have a couple climbers now looking to start a recreational tree climbing club in western Switzerland (Geneva-area and the French-speaking cantons). Please contact me if you are interested via this forum.

================
Dreaming about trees!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #139976 by jarrejo
Replied by jarrejo on topic Tree Climbing in Switzerland
Hi, I live in the Zurich Area but Im willing to travel. Is anyone interesting in recreational tree climbing? I have a little experience but would still classify myself as a beginner and am looking for like minded enthusiastic climbers.

• karinholm
  • karinholm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 1 week ago #139984 by karinholm
Replied by karinholm on topic Tree Climbing in Switzerland
Hi, jarreJo, I love recreational treeclimbing but haven’t climbed in a long time. I learned 8 years ago from an experienced climber who moved to Geneva temporarily. I took the TCI online course and completed the TCI Basic Tree Climbing Course in 2016. Sorry I can’t be more helpful but I hope you can find some kindred spirits to be able to ascend into the lofty realms. The Swiss seem not very woke when it comes to recreational TC. Other European countries are more active. Where and how did you learn?

================
Dreaming about trees!

More
1 year 1 week ago #139985 by jarrejo
Hi karinholm, Great to hear from you! I did a climbing course years ago at Goodleaf in the IOW, UK. I really enjoyed it so I bought some ropes and have been doing it myself on and off for the last few years. Earlier this year I decided to try and do more of it and take it to the next level. Hence the post here on TCI! Meantime just received a petzl zigzag plus which is really great. Testing it out this weekend. As you mentioned, there's not much happening in Switzerland but always looking for enthusiastic partners. Are you in Switzerland and interested in rekindling Tree climbing?

More
1 year 1 day ago #139986 by jarrejo
Hi Karinholm, Thought I had posted a reply last week! I did a 2 hour climbing course years ago on IOW Uk and loved it so ended up just getting some equipment and doing it on and off over the years. Im near Zurich and being honest its also difficult finding adequate trees but I would like to keep it up and make something of it this year. Treated myself to a zigzag plus :) Are you interested in rekindling tree climbing? Are you in or around Switzerland?

More
1 year 1 day ago #139987 by patty
Replied by patty on topic Tree Climbing in Switzerland
Hi Jarrejo, this is Patty, Forums Moderator. I'm sorry that I did not approve the post about your climbing course. I approve posts from new Forums participants, but I must have missed this one. I'll try to be more vigilant!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jarrejo

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds