• treemacca's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 5 months ago #134117 by treemacca
Tree Climbing on BBC1 Breakfast was created by treemacca
The BBC filmed in our field last week, we're delighted:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8300391.stm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #134141 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Re:Tree Climbing on BBC1 Breakfast
That was a well put together piece. Anybody notice the helmet cam? Good audio too, all the voice material was clear and crisp. Solid music track that was muted just right when the voice came in. Love the accent- wish I could change to a more interesting dialect.

What kind of response did you get form the aired piece? I'd love to know your call back numbers and inquiries generated from the piece. How many of your friends tapped you on the shoulder and said they saw the piece?

BBC- not too shabby!

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
14 years 4 months ago #134144 by michaeljspraggon
Replied by michaeljspraggon on topic Re:Tree Climbing on BBC1 Breakfast
Here here! That came off really well!

I've just looked at your website - it looks pretty tempting for anyone energetic holidaying in the Isle of Wight. Do you manage to make a living from it or is it only an addition to your main jobs?

If I ever come to the I o W I'll be sure to pop in!

Michael

• treemacca
  • treemacca's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 4 months ago #134148 by treemacca
Replied by treemacca on topic Re:Tree Climbing on BBC1 Breakfast
Hey Peter,
Yes, it has been great for us and have had nothing but positive feedback, the editing was done really well, it was raining for the first half of the climb but they still made it look good. Have had loads of friends comment that they saw it. All this fame is starting to go to my head!

Have another BBC piece coming out later in the year (filmed in much better weather).
We have had a good summer over here, how have you been going?
Cheers
Paul

More
14 years 4 months ago #134162 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Re:Tree Climbing on BBC1 Breakfast
Tree climbing in Atlanta has been a challenge this year because of record rainfall. Over 60% of our scheduled climbs and regular public climbs were rained out. You probably saw in the news about Atlanta's 500 year flood a month or so ago.

This coming out of a near record drought for two years with a preceding two years of the strongest hurricane seasons in history. It all seems extreme now with little middle ground weather wise. Hard not to ignore the climate message when personally experienced.

We are seeing mushrooms here not seen in many years. I'm a new enthusiast as far as mushroom ID is concerned and joined the local mushroom club. Too scared to eat those things as of yet but the variety this year is stunning! Mushrooms have such a variety of color and shapes and last only a few days. I study the types that indicate tree decay, but that is only a few when compared to the world of fungi. The world is such a fascinating place when you stop and look around.

Let us know when the next piece airs. It is always fun to be recognized for the things you love. Media pieces always make conversation easy, especially when folks recognize you and identify with what you are doing.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
14 years 4 months ago #134164 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:Tree Climbing on BBC1 Breakfast
I really enjoyed that piece of video. Very well put together, basic info and very clear and informative. :laugh:

Good job and we are looking to next Tree Climbing Project!

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds