Using sling in climbing hitch

• sonson123
  • sonson123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #138280 by sonson123
Using sling in climbing hitch was created by sonson123
I want to place my climbing hitch (DMM hitch climber pulley system) about 24" above the fixed tie-in point on my saddle (New Tribe Yellow Jacket). What should I use to connect between the carabiner on my saddle and the carabiner on the hitch climber pulley that will give me the 24"? I would prefer it to be knotless.

Any reason why I should not just use a 48" nylon sling doubled over as a connection between the two biners? It's a DMM 1" nylon sling rated at 30kN .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #138281 by patty
Replied by patty on topic Using sling in climbing hitch
Hi Son Son,

Why do you want to do this? Your hands need to be placed above the hitch pulley. The hitch pulley automatically pushes up the knot, so the pulley should be close to your body.

Please clarify. Possibly post a picture if it would help explain what you're trying to do.

(This message is from Treeman, with Patty signed in)

More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #139305 by Greenluck
Replied by Greenluck on topic Using sling in climbing hitch
Maybe this timestamp video will give you some ideas. The floating prusik that's covered in the video might help you set your Hitchclimber at your desired length away from your primary harness tie in point.

It sounds like your doubled sling idea would work but it wouldn't be adjustable like the floating prusik would be.

Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by Greenluck.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds