How about rain?

• bellamabel2018
  • bellamabel2018's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 10 months ago #138107 by bellamabel2018
How about rain? was created by bellamabel2018
Someone (Baker?) recently mentioned climbing in the rain. What I am curious about is whether anyone preps their cambium savers for unexpected rain? The Dan House conduit sleeve seems capable of internal rust and the traditional leather sleeve isn't going to like being wet. Only the false crotch seems immune.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #138110 by moss
Replied by moss on topic How about rain?

bellamabel2018 wrote: Someone (Baker?) recently mentioned climbing in the rain. What I am curious about is whether anyone preps their cambium savers for unexpected rain? The Dan House conduit sleeve seems capable of internal rust and the traditional leather sleeve isn't going to like being wet. Only the false crotch seems immune.

I've never had issues with my Dan House sleeves rusting following rain climbs. The end caps can get a little rusty over time when the surface finish wears from use. Not a big problem. I've had Dan House sleeves in trees for long periods of time as cambium protection for swings, no problems with internal rusting.

The main thing with rain climbs is spread your gear out and let it air dry over night after the climb. Rope gets mold/mildew really fast if you bag it up wet and leave it in the bag overnight.
-AJ
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by moss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds