Cat stuck in tree (Update!)

• Flashover604
  • Flashover604's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 years 2 months ago #135116 by Flashover604
Replied by Flashover604 on topic Re:Cat stuck in tree (Update!)
It really was a cool chain of events that ended up with a scared kitty safe on the ground and some new friendships made. This is a pretty neat hobby you guys have here. Seems like really good people too! Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #135117 by hook
Replied by hook on topic Re:Cat stuck in tree (Update!)
Again, It was great to meet you Zach. I have a feeling you will be up in the trees soon!

• Flashover604
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 years 2 months ago #135118 by Flashover604
Yeah, I do too... I hope you guys get a chance to get down around here and take a look around. It's a pretty nice place to hang out outdoors. I think you'll like our fairgrounds with the sycamores and Rising Park across the street. Plus you can grab a quick half dozen caches.

• Flashover604
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 years 2 months ago #135119 by Flashover604
Oh, I talked to Sarah, Ralphs owner, about their trees. That won't be a problem. She said I can borrow as many as I wanted!

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #135120 by hook
Replied by hook on topic Re:Cat stuck in tree (Update!)
Flashover604 wrote:

Oh, I talked to Sarah, Ralphs owner, about their trees. That won't be a problem. She said I can borrow as many as I wanted!

Sounds great Zach. Once the weather breaks, we will have to take her up on that offer.

moss wrote:

This whole thing was instructive as to the potential for synergy between tree climbing forums and social media (facebook in this case) to quickly mobilize a climb team in any part of the country (or world) where there are climbers available and motivated to get it done.

I agree moss, the way this all worked out is a testament to the climbing community, and a positive demonstration of social media's potential as a tool for helping animals, and humans alike.
I registered here several months ago, but never visited the forums, hence I would not have known of Ralph's situation were it not for social media, and the climbing community (in this case particularly you moss).
I think a good response to someone in Zach's position would be to first direct them to www.catinatreerescue.com
Then to start asking eachother if we know of any climber's in the area of need, through the various tree climbing forums, and social network sites where treeclimbers gather.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by hook.

More
13 years 2 months ago #135121 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:Cat stuck in tree (Update!)
That's a great site Duane, I knew about it but couldn't remember who ran it or where it was. Google search would've found it, I just went looking for Ohio climbers on facebook which also worked.

Good to see you and Tom listed for Ohio.
-AJ

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #135122 by patty
Replied by patty on topic Re:Cat stuck in tree (Update!)
We occasionally get calls from anywhere in the U.S. looking for somebody to do a treetop cat rescue. Last year I sent Nick out on one in Los Angeles. Recently I had a call from a rehabber in New Orleans. (Murv had visited his mom there the week before, too bad!) No doubt there will be others ... especially as habitat for coyotes continues to shrink (we see them in Atlanta now) and more and more animals get abandoned by people facing home foreclosures.

I draw on my memory of climbers and climbing friends when I make referrals, as well as Dan Kraus's cat rescue site (URL below). If you know how to rescue a cat safely, please write to Dan and register on his website. Meanwhile, I'll ask Peter to write a quick article on his rescue gear and technique, maybe even include a story or two.

Patty Jenkins
TCI Admin
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by patty.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds