How to organise stuff on harness ???

• Tree Spider
  • Tree Spider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
8 years 8 months ago #137378 by Tree Spider
How to organise stuff on harness ??? was created by Tree Spider
I'm relatively new to harnessed and geared climbing, so I'm looking forward to lot's of advice !
So far, my gear, which is not in use at the moment, has been doubled over and tied, looped, twisty tied together, etc, then clipped to my harness loops. This system kinda works, but it always feels like a sloppy method of keeping stuff organized ; I always feel like at any moment something is gonna snag, or come loose, and just hang out in space. I can tie up improvised stuff with the best of em, but with gloved hands, it's kinda a pain in the butt ! I'm thinking about making up pouches for different items, or trying to think up similar alternative methods to cope with danglers. Any ideas ? Of course, when I DO, I'll get some pics posted to share. I get the idea plenty of other climbers like innovating their systems.

Also a pain in the butt ; reaching back and clipping in, or unclipping blindly ! I've made something up, and have yet to use it, that I think will be handy. It's paracord gear loops, passed through some stiff vinyl tube. It's tied directly to my harness at the front, but the back side is tied directly to an accessory biner, which clips to my standard loops. I can unclip, and bring my whole "new" loop up in front of me, to see what I'm doing. They are tied as a closed loop, so if the back side comes un clipped, gear won't go sliding off the thing. I'll get pics up soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rob2312
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 8 months ago #137381 by rob2312
Replied by rob2312 on topic How to organise stuff on harness ???
Gear management I feel is also like throw line tangle and frustration. For me I have noticed a draw string bag invaluable. I have had my gear dumped 60 foot with the open climbing bags. Imagine 60 foot up, thirsty for a drink of water, move my hand to right side, bump my steel lanyard, and oops there goes my bottled water.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds